IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 PM, Pixelboy said:

I would realy like to buy this, and I contacted the seller myself. As this is Kijiji, the seller doesn't offer anything else than local pick-up, and I live in a different province. If anyone lives near Milton (Ontario) and would be willing to go purchase and pick this up on my behalf, please PM me. I will (of course) reimburse all expenses.

Hey.  I am about 45 mins away.  If you can arrange to pay him I would be willing to pick it up. Not sure how to get it to you.  Canada post makes me nervous ever since they destroyed an Adam I bought from BC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 5:47 AM, rietveld said:

Absolutely no need to waste money purchasing this as there are numerous websites where you can download this stuff freely that I will list at the end of this post.

Could there be stuff not included anywhere else? Of course, but probably just some odd and ends and nothing as far as ColecoVision rom images or ADAM software images. Seeing as it sounds like you would have to download this collection, there is no time savings and just seems like a money grab to take advantage of those that don’t know better.

Support these sites first:

www.cvaddict.com

www.CollectorVision.com

www.teampixelboy.com

www.colecoboxart.com

www.adamarchive.org

www.colecoadam.net

www.diroccovision.com

there are numerous other great websites and the above listed ones have links to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NIAD said:

Absolutely no need to waste money purchasing this as there are numerous websites where you can download this stuff freely that I will list at the end of this post.

Could there be stuff not included anywhere else? Of course, but probably just some odd and ends and nothing as far as ColecoVision rom images or ADAM software images. Seeing as it sounds like you would have to download this collection, there is no time savings and just seems like a money grab to take advantage of those that don’t know better.

Support these sites first:

www.cvaddict.com

www.CollectorVision.com

www.teampixelboy.com

www.colecoboxart.com

www.adamarchive.org

www.colecoadam.net

www.diroccovision.com

there are numerous other great websites and the above listed ones have links to them.

You are reminding me I need to break out my Phoenix!   I've got a lot of ROMs to get to!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rietveld said:

Like I said, there is nothing new in this offering and even some rom images that have not been released to be shared freely. What we have here is someone trying to take advantage of people that don’t know better and I can only assume that this listing will be or already has been reported.

Better off making a contribution to some of the websites that I mentioned previously to help them offset the cost of maintaining their websites.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rietveld said:

Am I asking for too much money?

I am trying to sell a complete Adam for $500

Adam main unit, kb, hand controller, printer, 64kb memory expander, ZIP100 IDE hard drive and 5 1/4 floppy drive

Everything works

IMG_20221127_205029.jpg

I think you are cheap on price.  ADAM = $200; disk drive = $250; 64k = $40; zip hd w/ IDE card = $100+

7 hours ago, rietveld said:

Adam main unit, kb, hand controller, printer, 64kb memory expander, ZIP100 IDE hard drive and 5 1/4 floppy drive

Everything works

IMG_20221127_205029.jpg

It a matter of finding the right buyer, about 1 year ago I tried to sell 7 adams (2 were the CV adam type) 2 printers, PS, ADE (or whatever it's called), 3 keyboard, about 100 tapes, disk drive, tape copy hardware, books and some other stuff for $500. Local pickup only in California, no one bought it.  I was able to sell some of it by breaking it up into individual items.

8 hours ago, rietveld said:

Everything works

IMG_20221127_205029.jpg

It takes just the right person to see it and it may not happen immediately

10 hours ago, rietveld said:

Everything works

4 hours ago, adamcon said:

I think you are cheap on price.  ADAM = $200; disk drive = $250; 64k = $40; zip hd w/ IDE card = $100+

I'm with ADAMcon on this. You are definitely on the low side as far as considering $500. A package like you list that is tested (especially from someone very famiiiar with the system as you) should fetch at least $650. The only drawback would be if there are no local takers and you have to ship everything... that would be expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, rietveld said:

It also comes with that super rare gun:
image.thumb.png.2062e42fd8b66da16e436c207303828d.png

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2022 at 12:08 PM, Atari_Bill said:

It's dawning on me that I saw this auction. Lol. I skipped right by it. Congrats!