IGNORED

The Official AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2011

the.golden.ax

Great. My package is being returned to me for "insufficient address." The postal clerk at my end had no qualms about taking $10 in postage and using the address, but it must have been insufficient for the destination post office.

As I posted on 12/8, I was only provided with a last initial (not a last name). I checked the AA profile, the recipient's ebay profile, and even tried looking up property records for his community, but I could not get a full last name.

I'll have to break SS rules and contact the recipient directly for a complete name and address verification so that I can reship whenever it finally gets back here.

Great. My package is being returned to me for "insufficient address." The postal clerk at my end had no qualms about taking $10 in postage and using the address, but it must have been insufficient for the destination post office.

As I posted on 12/8, I was only provided with a last initial (not a last name). I checked the AA profile, the recipient's ebay profile, and even tried looking up property records for his community, but I could not get a full last name.

that's weird. unless there is something incorrect about the postal code or address, the post office should deliver regardless of what the name is.

I'll have to break SS rules and contact the recipient directly for a complete name and address verification so that I can reship whenever it finally gets back here.

Maybe golden.ax could verify the address for you - if you're worried about maintaining your anonymity. - although if he reads this thread it might be a clue..

Edited by raskar42

I expect that it will be back to me on the 19th for reshipping. It may have been a physical address issue, as I just tried looking it up online and neither Google Maps nor Mapquest could get an exact match. I was more focused on the name over the address, but I suspect that raskar42 is correct about the issue. The return is coming from the correct community; a full name may or may not have overcome any physical address ambiguity, depending on the resourcefulness and interest of the postmaster. I assume the official policy is to simply return to sender.

The post office delivers as long as the address is correct. They don't care about the name, unless it is A) something with a forwarding order B) the delivery person is motivated, cares, notices, asks if it yours.

It may have been a physical address issue, as I just tried looking it up online and neither Google Maps nor Mapquest could get an exact match.

I usually use the USPS site to create/print shipping labels. It won't let you purchase is the address is bad and postage is nominally cheaper. However i think you can only do priority with it.

I got my gift today!! Thank you SS! I've had my eye on a couple of auctions for Roc'nRope and Nexar for a while now. That is a total suprise that I got them! Also, this has to be the best Star Master label I've ever seen. Thank you for the candy. My five year old is stoked about the Star Wars legos.

001-3.jpg

Received a knock at my door this afternoon and venturing out into the chill air to behold , oh what it could be?!? but a package sent to me by elf postal registry! I could hardly wait, so as soon as the delivery driver was away on her route with an exchange of waves, I scurried in to see just to see what was the matter.

The package itself was very securely and meticulously wrapped, seams folded and taped with exquisite care, foretelling of the thought and care put into the contents therein.

And what can I say - I were be spoiled.

Inside the box styro-peanut-strewn, sweet pepermints were nestled, some curiously strong.

In sleeves of blue , snow-flakes a-glisten was the rattle tell-tale of stories unknown to these ears and eyes.:

DVD's:

1. Magilla Gorilla - The Complete Series. - Mint Sealed!

2. Space Academy - The Complete Series. Again, Mint sealed!

BooBoo Rays:

1. Drag Me to Hell - the Director's Cut

2. A Double-Feature! Category 7/ 10.5 Apocalypse - -Yet again, Inexplicably Mint sealed!

3. Harry Potter - The Half-Blood Prince

Some people have told me that I'm going to Hell because of my tendency not to believe in the supernatural or a creator, so some of these might prove to be informative! I do like a bit of the camp and schlock as well. One or two I may even give to others and spread the good will. ;)

Thank you, Secret Santa!

Better question...can you guess how many pieces a pinball machine would be smashed into by the time it arrived if you sent via UPS? :rolling:

All of them!!

..Al

Those pinball parts better hurry up and get here then, the Libyans I'm dealing with won't wait much longer!

• Like 2

Better question...can you guess how many pieces a pinball machine would be smashed into by the time it arrived if you sent via UPS? :rolling:

All of them!!

..Al

Those pinball parts better hurry up and get here then, the Libyans I'm dealing with won't wait much longer!

Make sure the bomb casing looks shoddy..... it will be more believeable