IGNORED

Burnout Paradise

Wntermute

I know this is an older game by now. I picked it up when it was on sale for $8 or so with the Time Savers and Boost Specials packs on PSN. I had played the demo just a little bit and had an idea what the game was about. Recently, I started playing it to see how fun it was... and I'm sorry I waited.

I'm not usually one for racing games (I don't even drive IRL due to being prone to panic attacks) but the added modes of Marked Man and Road Rage make this quite fun to me. Just a few days after playing it for a bit, I've gotten all the billboards, gates, and jumps finished plus all the original bike Road Rules. I'm now working toward the rest of the main game's trophies (I have both of the Boost Special DLC trophies now), so let me know you're from AA if you see me online.

Been awhile since I've booted this up but I have played a lot of it back in the day.

Absolutely LOVED the game. Easily one of the best of the Burnouts in my opinion.

I was shocked it wasn't better received.

There was so much to do, I could spend hours just driving around town crashing through barriers, billboards and doing super jumps! So much fun.

I bought a lot of the DLC including some kick ass cars (Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, etc...) and the Surf Island expansion. Well worth it.

They are a blast to play around with. I did like the Revenge soundtrack better so I usually add it to a custom playlist and use that instead.

I have the 360 version though so I won't see you online. :(

Yep. I got this game when it was new, but didn't play it for about a year. When I finally did play it and found online mode, I was thoroughly hooked. If you think offline mode was fun, then you'd have been blown away by online. Last time I was online I noticed the population was dwindling, which I found quite sad.

I rented this game over a year ago and was fairly disappointed because I really wanted a classic Burnout Revenge type game and got an open world GTA type racer instead. Having said that, I haven't rented it since then and I never tried any of these new modes. What does Marked Man and Road Rage bring to the game? I tried to Google it but just got "how to win at" type results.

Has Paradise come back to being more like Burnout Revenge?

• 2 months later...

I rented this game over a year ago and was fairly disappointed because I really wanted a classic Burnout Revenge type game and got an open world GTA type racer instead. Having said that, I haven't rented it since then and I never tried any of these new modes. What does Marked Man and Road Rage bring to the game? I tried to Google it but just got "how to win at" type results.

In online mode against other players:

Marked Man is sort of a game of tag, where one person is "it", and all the other drivers try to take them down (crash them). 2 minutes to catch "it", and then the turn rotates to a new player. Fun and hectic.

In Road Rage you have 2 teams, red and blue. Blue tries to make it to a series of locations on the map, with red trying to crash them. Once crashed, you're pretty much out of the game, but you can help the other blues by protecting them from the reds. If you're blue, it's generally pretty easy compared to red.

Cops and Robbers - Even more hectic and fun than Marked Man. Cops against robbers, starting out at their respective bases. Either team can pick up the gold placed at a pseudo-random location, and get it back to their base. Sort of a capture the flag game.

Has Paradise come back to being more like Burnout Revenge?

I felt the same way. If you want Burnout Revenge, you have to get Burnout Revenge. Or if you want Burnout Revenge style, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is made by the same guys and feels more Revenge than Paradise does.