IGNORED

Rebellion Interview scans circa 1994

Gunstar

Thanks. It was an interesting read.

I'd done Star Raiders on the Atari 800 ages ago.

Hmmmm, Doug Neubauer did the Atari 800 version. In fact the name Jason Kingsley is not known in the 8-Bit part of AtariMania. But he worked on some Atari ST titles.

- What do you think about the Jaguar CD Drive?

- Well Atari still haven't decided on its specifications yet. I'd like to see at least 2 Megabytes of RAM in the drive to act as buffer to spool graphics into.

LOL, We all know those hopes were in vain :grin:

Robert

I'd done Star Raiders on the Atari 800 ages ago.

Hmmmm, Doug Neubauer did the Atari 800 version. In fact the name Jason Kingsley is not known in the 8-Bit part of AtariMania.

Hehehe, The fine tradition of Jaguar developer bullshit started in 1994!

He may have been refering to Star Raiders 2. If anyone wants to look into it. Lots of people, especially in the 80's, helped on projects and were never given any credit, so he may have had a hand in Star Raiders.

Since some of you seemed to enjoy the Rebellion scans, I've posted a few more that may have not been seen by all.

LOL, high hopes that a Virtual Reality helmet will finally break through with Atari's offering, but more than 15 years later, Virtual Reality helmets for at home are still far away.

Robert

Since some of you seemed to enjoy the Rebellion scans, I've posted a few more that may have not been seen by all.

LOL, high hopes that a Virtual Reality helmet will finally break through with Atari's offering, but more than 15 years later, Virtual Reality helmets for at home are still far away.

Robert

Is there even still a desire for it among gamers? The concept was huge in the mid 90's but the industry (gamers and game creators) seem to have moved on. Does anyone know of any current development of VR going on? Or am I totally off here and VR is a direction the industry wants to go some day?

Is there even still a desire for it among gamers? The concept was huge in the mid 90's but the industry (gamers and game creators) seem to have moved on. Does anyone know of any current development of VR going on? Or am I totally off here and VR is a direction the industry wants to go some day?

Technology wise it would currently no problem to make such helmet. Graphics cards are fast enough to create two high resolution images as 3D monitors available today prove. The problem is sending the images to the helmet. A cable from computer to helmet will limit and hinder head movement. So you need wireless transmission of the images which could be problematic for the resolution people nowadays expect for a game. It seems that wireless HDMI technologies are still not taking off. Besides, not everybody would like a wireless receiver on their head for long times (although it seems many don't mind wandering around with a wireless transmitter next to their ear (mobile phone) for hours :P ).

But I think the biggest problem is that companies are afraid of side-effect such as nausea and that people will hurt themselves because of wandering into things when they can't see the surroundings.

Robert

• Like 1