IGNORED

Season 5 Round 8 *BC's Quest for Tires*

Yeah, well don't look for me breaking my 14,240 score again anytime soon...I had three lives left and couldn't make it up the hill. I think I need to slow down more. I was going 60 going into that screen and kept dying as I tried to slow down.

LOL - you guys are killing me. I had my own personal breakthrough game last night and at the same time you all beat me again. Oh well, I'll just have to try harder!!!!

Don't forget that you only need to be going 50mph to get the 4x score multiplier. So no need to go 60 unless specifically needed. I know I could have got more, lost a lot of lives with stupid moves on Level 3 - not sure I could get that much more though. The big points really come at the end of a level when you have lives left and I'm not sure I'd get to the end of Level 3.

LOL - you guys are killing me. I had my own personal breakthrough game last night and at the same time you all beat me again. Oh well, I'll just have to try harder!!!!

It's a really tough gaming crowd isn't it Iranaka? I had to really work with Centipede to crack the top 3...

these Colecovision players know their system!

It's a really tough gaming crowd isn't it Iranaka? I had to really work with Centipede to crack the top 3...

these Colecovision players know their system!

I hear you :) Just look at HSC3 when this game was last played - the top score was below 8,000!!! I'm delighted how good the HSC players are - makes for an exciting competition as well as always giving stretch targets for average players like me. I played BC again last night but just wasn't in the mood - kept dying on the dinosaur water scene where before I had no problem. I'll try again when I'm in a less stressed mood.

Edited by Ikrananka

I had hit the 60mph mark kind of by accident (left my finger on the button too long) just as I got to the water. Since you can't change speed at that point I was kind of screwed and had to try slowing down after the water, but the obstacles came too quick and I'd die.

Don't forget that you only need to be going 50mph to get the 4x score multiplier. So no need to go 60 unless specifically needed. I know I could have got more, lost a lot of lives with stupid moves on Level 3 - not sure I could get that much more though. The big points really come at the end of a level when you have lives left and I'm not sure I'd get to the end of Level 3.

Edited by jblenkle