IGNORED

Candy Catcher Pre-order! Limited Text Label Version and CIB Version!

disjaukifa

Hey Guys,

First I want to thank ya'll for the responses and PMs, you guys are awesome. At this point in time the first batch of Candy Catchers is full, however if I can get 4 more people on the order list for batch two, I'll go ahead and order the parts today/tomorrow and try to release batch 2 at the same time as the first batch.

Please note, if you have sent me payment, and I have not marked you as Paid on the list in the first post, please let me know and I'll update it asap!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Also I've added pole to the beginning of the thread, if you could answer it that would be extremely helpful!

Thanks again!

Hey Guys,

I in the process of ordering another 25 PCBs, EPROMs and Labels so there is plenty of cartridges left for those who want to get some.

Also it seems my poll might have disappeared, but its seems like the majority of people wanted the cartridges numbers and autographed which I am more than happy to do. Where do you think it would be a good place to numbered and autographed the cartridges?

Thanks

Disjaukifa

Hey Guys,

I in the process of ordering another 25 PCBs, EPROMs and Labels so there is plenty of cartridges left for those who want to get some.

Also it seems my poll might have disappeared, but its seems like the majority of people wanted the cartridges numbers and autographed which I am more than happy to do. Where do you think it would be a good place to numbered and autographed the cartridges?

Thanks

Disjaukifa

maybe it's a dumb idea, but i think it would be neat to number the carts on the end label like the atari gatefold ones? autograph i have no idea

Hey Guys,

I've deleted the poll, because apparently I don't know how to ask questions :lol:. Actually the reason I deleted the poll was Rick Weis came up with a fantastic idea, he asked if I could sign the back-side of the cartridge.

So here is what I'm going to do:

1. The cartridge will be numbered on the top label, either on the right or left, thinking right at the moment
  2. If the buyer wants the cartridge autographed, please let me know and I will autograph it and it will be on the back side of the cartridge.

I will send a PM to everyone tomorrow asking what there preferences are on weither or not they want their cartridges autographed or not. If you want to respond to this thread or send me a PM before hand with your preference that works as well!

Thanks guys!

List updated with everyone that has asked to be on it and with everyone that has paid as well!

Good News! I got in the first 25 PCBs and EPROMs from CPUWIZ today and they look fantastic. I've got 8 cartridges taken apart and cleaned and the labels are on their way as well!

Bad news, much to my frustration and aggravation, my Batronix BX32 programmer still has not shown up thanks to the wonderful service of DHL/USPS, if I had known it was going to be this much of a hassle, I would have paid the extra money for the express shipping. I ordered the programmer on September 27th from Germany and its still not here. I know its in the US and it has passed customs, and USPS currently has it but other than that I don't know anything else about it. I'm going to contact USPS and the manufacturer both here in a little bit.

I'll post pictures of everything when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

I am out of the market for this right now, but super happy for you that response is good. Thanks for giving me the opprtunity to play from the .bin though!

Hey Chuck,

If at some point in the future you want I copy, I'll make one for you! Like I said in my original post, this is not a limited release! I purposely made the .bin available on the first post so people could try the game and have fun with it before they decided to buy it.

For me at least, this was a way I could make a small new game for the community to have fun, which this whole project was about, playing the good ol' 2600 and having some fun!

-Disjaukifa

I'll take mine autographed, as long as it's on the back, not on the label!

And I have to admit that on my desired list of accomplishments, I would like to write a 2600 game. I wonder if I will be able to do it through BAtari. One of these days maybe I'll do it!

Edited by ianoid

Hey Guys,

Couple of minor updates!

First I order the boxes today that I'm going to mailing out Candy Catcher in so those should get here Friday!

Second I got some more donor cartridges from DJT today in the mail, so thank you DJT! Though I'm not sure I'm going to take apart SwordQuest Waterworld, the label is ripped but I think it might be rare :roll:

Third I was on the phone today with DHL, Batronix and finally USPS about the location of my BX32 programmer. DHL and Batronix where completely helpful and polite. USPS was polite . . . but a bit clueless. In short USPS does have it but the guy on the phone didn't know the tracking number I had given them would even work in there system. Apparently because they got the package as an "E Parcel Group" its being delivered form New York, NY to VA via parcel post which can take up to two weeks . . . which is this Saturday and because of the holiday weekend last weekend it could be next Monday or Tuesday before it get it . . . I'm hoping gets here sooner rather than later, I'm still planning on shipping on the first couple of games next week. Does anyone other than me find it odd that a package can get from GERMANY to New York, NY in 3 days across an ocean, but getting it from NY to VA takes about 2 weeks :x .

Forth I've been testing the game constantly trying to find any defects/glitches left in it and so far I haven't found anything!

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

If i had the money i would of ordered a copy of this. The game rocks.

Maybe a few months down the road if i have any extra money you will still be selling it. :)

Thank you for trying out the game and letting me know what you thought! I'm glad you enjoyed it!