IGNORED

TI Logo

Ksarul

Here is a tidbit about the TI that most people will be completely unaware of. The Logo language is a great teaching language for children--a fact that was well publicized when the TI was still in production. Where it becomes interesting is that TI didn't just make one version of it--they made many. Logo I was a module/disk combination. Most everyone has seen the one using English words for the Logo commands. I know of at least two other versions of Logo I though--a version was released in Spanish (I have the manual but not the cartridge) and in German (I have the cartridge and a photocopy of the draft manual). Logo II ws even more diverse. I have it in English, Spanish, Italian, and Dutch. I also have GRAM files of it in German. I've also seen it in French. That makes for a plethora of Logo modules to find if you are really looking for TI gems!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello everybody!

I am a new member on this forum, writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm a user of the loved TI-99/4a since I was 6 or 7 years old (now I'm 34). This computer gave me hours and hours of joy and learning since my childhood, as I'm sure happened with most of the users participating on this forum. So I guess there's no need to explain why I became a fan of this beatiful system. What a beatiful surprise to find there's still a huge and active TI-99 community all over the world!

I'm posting this message for some concerns I have related to TI-LOGO... I recently got a TI-LOGO cart in Spanish. But only the cart: I don't have the diskette, which is required to operate. I was wondering whether somebody could post or tell where I can download a .dsk image of that TI-LOGO companion diskette, so I can load it into my CF7+. (I don't have real physicall disk drives).

I'm wondering whether a .dsk image of the TI-LOGO companion disk in a different language than spanish would be useful for me... I guess I have more chances to find that .dsk image in english (or other languages) than in spanish.

Thank you very much.

Pablo

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

I am a new member on this forum, writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm a user of the loved TI-99/4a since I was 6 or 7 years old (now I'm 34). This computer gave me hours and hours of joy and learning since my childhood, as I'm sure happened with most of the users participating on this forum. So I guess there's no need to explain why I became a fan of this beatiful system. What a beatiful surprise to find there's still a huge and active TI-99 community all over the world!

I'm posting this message for some concerns I have related to TI-LOGO... I recently got a TI-LOGO cart in Spanish. But only the cart: I don't have the diskette, which is required to operate. I was wondering whether somebody could post or tell where I can download a .dsk image of that TI-LOGO companion diskette, so I can load it into my CF7+. (I don't have real physicall disk drives).

I'm wondering whether a .dsk image of the TI-LOGO companion disk in a different language than spanish would be useful for me... I guess I have more chances to find that .dsk image in english (or other languages) than in spanish.

Thank you very much.

Pablo

Welcome aboard, Pablo!

Regarding the companion disk, I don't believe the disk is required to operate TI Logo. A disk is necessary to save your work. You would, of course, need the companion disk to use the examples. You might check ftp://ftp.whtech.com/, particularly the "user groups" directory. It can be a bit daunting to find stuff, however. One place I found the companion disk is here: http://www.theoldcomputer.com/. You need to be a registered user to download files, but it's free. Here's the companion disk download: http://www.theoldcom...50cy9USS05OS00Q

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...