IGNORED

What do you want to see in the next Jaguar HSC season?

Austin

Pretty simple question I suppose, how do you want the next season of the Jaguar HSC to work? A set schedule like last season? A voting system like the season prior? Maybe a set schedule with specific game modes planned out ahead of time (whereas I picked them as each round crept up)? More bonus rounds? Toss your thoughts and feelings below.

I kind of liked knowing the schedule of games ahead of time but also wouldn't care terribly if it were voted on again. I agree with Punisher about the racing games being a little tight with points but I'm not sure how one would fix that. In general though your change from a fixed point system for what you placed in the scoring (like season 1) to a score based on your percentage on the person who won worked great and changed things up a bit. For instance the last game, Tempest 2000, I wasn't just trying to get 2nd or 3rd place (I knew I wasn't going to beat orpheus) but was trying to get a high enough score so that I would get a certain amount of points for the round which I needed to ensure an overall victory for the season. I think I had, at one point, 4th place locked down but knew that if I wanted to win the whole season I needed to get my overall score closer to orpheus'. It just added a little strategy for the overall season which was pretty cool.

I liked the way it was ran this season and I liked the way season 1 was ran as well. Basically it doesn't matter for me, I am going to play no matter how it's ran.

Edited by GKC

Perhaps we can vote on the set schedule for next season? It would be like the best of both worlds--voting/choice on what's played, with the security of knowing what's coming next. :)

I like Austin's idea, let's vote on a set schedule. IMO voting should exclude games not readily available (ie GORF) or affordable (no BSG).

Just a heads up everyone, I am also trying to get another Jaguar again (just posted a WTB thread in the marketplace). With that, I hope to participate far more regularly this next season. Having a set schedule will help me track down the games I need one by one in order to participate fully. :thumbsup:

I've got an idea for how to pick games. You could ask everyone who wants to compete to submit a list of the games they own and you could choose based on which games the most people have. Obviously there are going to be some games some people have that others don't but those could still be worked into the schedule, maybe put them later in the season so if people want to track down a copy and participate with that game they will have the time to do so.

Thats a shame. :/ Well I'll do my best to participate this up coming round as much as possible for every game I have that shows up on the schedule. :)

Nice! Hope to see you around.

For everyone else, I've got a Jag system on the way as well as a few games. Any game we play, I will make an attempt to track down the cart beforehand. :thumbsup:

I would like to see a way to integrate some of the less common games (Battlesphere, GORF, MadBodies, etc.) without giving a huge disadvantage to the people who don't have access to them. What if you were to pair the rare games with another common game, so let's say Week 1 might be Battlesphere & Checkered Flag. Each person could choose whether to submit a score for Battlesphere or Checkered Flag, but not both. You would award 1st place points to 2 people, 2nd place to 2 people, and on down the line. Any thoughts?

I would like to see a way to integrate some of the less common games (Battlesphere, GORF, MadBodies, etc.) without giving a huge disadvantage to the people who don't have access to them. What if you were to pair the rare games with another common game, so let's say Week 1 might be Battlesphere & Checkered Flag. Each person could choose whether to submit a score for Battlesphere or Checkered Flag, but not both. You would award 1st place points to 2 people, 2nd place to 2 people, and on down the line. Any thoughts?

It's an interesting idea, but my concern is that there wouldn't be much of an incentive to compete seriously if half are playing one game, and the other half are playing another. Or if only one person plays the rare game, and the other eight play the common game. I don't know, maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't.

Edited by Austin