IGNORED

New Pinball Arcade from makers of Williams Collection

They need to better reflect that on their Kickstarter page. The details for each pledge tier still are showing the old information that states Xbox 360 users are excluded for the awards due to Microsoft.

And not only that, they need it in big letters front and center so there's chance that anyone will miss this new development.

Edited by Atariboy

They need to better reflect that on their Kickstarter page. The details for each pledge tier still are showing the old information that states Xbox 360 users are excluded for the awards due to Microsoft.

And not only that, they need it in big letters front and center so there's chance that anyone will miss this new development.

they already said that they're not allowed to change that information on the side. which makes sense since it prevents them from changing the tiers/conditions that people were expecting. I think they're effective enough in informing people about the changes.

Obviously if they're not allowed to edit such things, they're doing as well as they can informing people.

Too bad since I'm sure this change is going to go unnoticed by a decent number of people.

Edited by Atariboy

I've been playing Pinball Arcade on and off since I bought it for the PS3 a few weeks ago. At this point, the only Wizard goal I have left to get is activating Frog Frenzy in Ripley's Believe It or Not. However, that might be out of reach for me, because it involves making a ton of accurate shots during multiball (when balls are constantly getting in each others' ways as well as threatening to drain themselves when you're focusing on other balls), and I haven't come close. How many of you have actually gotten all the Wizard goals on all the tables in the console version of the game? And does anyone have any helpful tips for Frog Frenzy? :)

onmode-ky

Man, my only multiball goal is to keep all the balls in play. I focus on not letting 'em leave the table, and pray that the goals sort themselves out.

Ha! Agreed.

I really suck at pinball...but I'm loving this game. I just wish that moreof the tables were from the 80's

I haven't been shooting for the Wizard goals. I figure that most of them will get hit anyway so long as I play well, so my only goal is to survive, get a high score, and rank higher on the leaderboards.

That's pretty much how I play. I just try not to lose my balls. Somehow I was listed at the top of every friends list for a while on the Xbox 360, but then brianvgplayer beat me on the Theatre of Magic.

I'm glad keilbaca isn't an Xbox 360 friend or I'd never get to the top of the friends list. :D

[i'm also Random Terrain on the Xbox 360 if anybody wants to add me as a friend and try to beat my horrible scores.]

I'm glad keilbaca isn't an Xbox 360 friend or I'd never get to the top of the friends list. :D

It's OK, I don't think he's been playing it on the 360 anyway (PS, Keilbaca, where have you been?).

I've been playing on the Android version.

I tried playing the 360 version... and it feels off to me. Even with the delay of the flippers on the android version, I feel they did better physics there.

One of these days I'll drop the money and top all of your scores ;) :)

Edited by keilbaca

BRING IT!! :D

Actually, a while back I was trying to top your Pinball FX 2 scores. Asides from the Mars table, I just couldn't get into it though. Maybe one of these days..

BRING IT!! :D

Actually, a while back I was trying to top your Pinball FX 2 scores. Asides from the Mars table, I just couldn't get into it though. Maybe one of these days..

Mars was a pretty boring table for me. My pride and joy score is my Ms. Splosion Man score. Too bad I couldn't get that score again for the tourney... I just didn't have time.

Mars was a pretty boring table for me. My pride and joy score is my Ms. Splosion Man score. Too bad I couldn't get that score again for the tourney... I just didn't have time.

The simplicity of it (more of like a traditional pin) and the music is what got me hooked to it. I don't think I have the Ms. Splosion table yet.

The simplicity of it (more of like a traditional pin) and the music is what got me hooked to it. I don't think I have the Ms. Splosion table yet.

*shameless plug*

Edited by keilbaca
  • Like 1

If Pinball Arcade doesn't make us wait a million years for a bunch of 'new' tables, I'll probably never go back to Pinball FX2. I'd rather play stuff that really existed. But all of these pinball recreations still have a long way to go. I played real pinball about a month ago at Putt-Putt and these recreations don't even come close. Although they scan everything in, it all still looks too fake. How can you scan something in and still have it look cartoony and unreal? It should look like somebody set up a video camera on a tripod and recorded the real thing.

*shameless plug*

That table actually looks pretty awesome. Maybe I will pick it up this weekend. :)

If Pinball Arcade doesn't make us wait a million years for a bunch of 'new' tables, I'll probably never go back to Pinball FX2. I'd rather play stuff that really existed.

Same here. The "real" tables just seem to be designed so much better than most of what I have played in the FX series. That obviously goes for the table designs themselves, but things like sound design and the feel of the shots--both things that make a huge difference for me--make the real games a lot more interesting and fun.

But all of these pinball recreations still have a long way to go. I played real pinball about a month ago at Putt-Putt and these recreations don't even come close. Although they scan everything in, it all still looks too fake.

Yeah, they are making strides (these Pinball Arcade renditions look noticeably better than the HOF versions), but they do have a long ways to go. I wonder what we will see on the next generation of hardware?

announcing that 360 owners will get the table as part of the contribution is making a difference. now you've added a significant amount of donors that hedged. now they may make the 110K level. but there's not much time left. it might have to go to another kickstarter.

but a second table added after the fact complicates things. and I'm wondering if Kickstarter will cry foul. do they use circumvent the project's initial tiers and introduce a bunch of other tiers via updates? will a person that donates $10 get the same benefits as someone that donates $25? if I donate $10, i get twilight zone, but not star trek? if I donate $25, will I be guaranteed both tables as long as they reach their $110K goal? I know they say it. but it's still something to keep in mind and even if FarSight Studios is run by a bunch of good guys, a lot of things can go wrong. any time accounting and transactions occur, mistakes happen.

Edited by onlysublime

Even though they still haven't released the first two DLC packs for consoles, they've announced that pack # 3 will be Monster Bash and Gorgar. Bundling something new with a re-release to force double dips again. At $5 per DLC pack I've now decided to boycott their DLC completely. As much as I'd like Monster Bash, I'm going to wait for a cheaper mega-bundle or the eventual DLC sale before I buy anything. $5 for each new table just isn't worth it to me.

How many of you have actually gotten all the Wizard goals on all the tables in the console version of the game?

I finished the Wizard goals for the other three tables on PS3. Ripley's Frog Frenzy was frustrating so I gave up for now.

announcing that 360 owners will get the table as part of the contribution is making a difference. now you've added a significant amount of donors that hedged. now they may make the 110K level. but there's not much time left. it might have to go to another kickstarter.

but a second table added after the fact complicates things. and I'm wondering if Kickstarter will cry foul. do they use circumvent the project's initial tiers and introduce a bunch of other tiers via updates? will a person that donates $10 get the same benefits as someone that donates $25? if I donate $10, i get twilight zone, but not star trek? if I donate $25, will I be guaranteed both tables as long as they reach their $110K goal? I know they say it. but it's still something to keep in mind and even if FarSight Studios is run by a bunch of good guys, a lot of things can go wrong. any time accounting and transactions occur, mistakes happen.

If they reach $110k you'll get both tables, even if you only pledge $10. I don't know why Kickstarter would cry foul. They get their percentage cut of the pledges no matter what the number is. Backers have to trust FarSight to be "good guys" but that's true of every single Kickstarter campaign. All of them can take your money and run. Personally I wouldn't give them more than $10 either way but that's me.

I just want halfway realistic physics on the android port. :( I want to be able to practice these tables when I'm away from home or the arcade, but nuclear-powered flippers make it difficult.

I haven't played it on a portable system. what's the issue with the flippers on the Android version?

Well, you tap the ball with a flipper and it rockets all the way up the highest ramp at 400MPH. It's stupid.

It's the same way in the console versions as well, likewise with the old Williams HOF packages. I don't mind the power on the newer tables as much as I do the older tables.