IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

For those who think that $75 is too high:

Using the US Inflation calculator I converted $75 USD in 2011 to its value in 1980.

It came out to $27.24, just around what Atari charged for new titles back in the its heyday. First Star is taking a slice of the earnings from the sale of each cart and also includes the costs involved in creating the box and manual. Compared to other homebrews this may seem expensive but with all the YEARS of work that went into this I consider it a bargain!

post-11172-0-19985700-1319860716_thumb.jpg

From what I am reading (based on a quick glance through the thread) this is merely an announcement thread and I'm assuming no post made within this thread will actually reserve a copy for a person.

That said has it been announced when the pre-orders will be available, if they will ship in time for X-mas?

For those who think that $75 is too high:

Using the US Inflation calculator I converted $75 USD in 2011 to its value in 1980.

It came out to $27.24, just around what Atari charged for new titles back in the its heyday. First Star is taking a slice of the earnings from the sale of each cart and also includes the costs involved in creating the box and manual. Compared to other homebrews this may seem expensive but with all the YEARS of work that went into this I consider it a bargain!

I agree. I think $75 is a great price for a limited-edition game.

Just image how much this would be worth now if it was released back in the 80s and there was only 250 copies made.

The best thing though is that Boulder Dash is a really fun game. I'm sure I will get many hours of fun out of this cart.

As previously stated, this is assumed to be nothing more than an announcement thread and not a pre-order list. But just in case, I am expressing my support now. It's a great release, and those responsible deserve MUCH credit from the community. I'd like to buy one, and I hope the producers AND ultimate owners are happy with the results of this sale.

However, in case demand exceeds supply (likely), I would suggest, Albert, that you prepare for the unruly hordes to storm the castle!