IGNORED

Any events in Florida?

FOSHIZIE79

A gentleman was asked if people were interested and some people did reply back after that it quickly died down. I live close to the where the Dade County Youth Fair is held and there are computer shows held there from time to time. I think a classic gaming expo could be held (there is even a store across that sells games, some of them classic).

I would love to see an event held in either South Florida or in Orlando close to Disneyworld. I think those would be possible if someone were willing to put up the cash to host such an event.

Based on my experience, there's a lot of classic gamers in the Tampa Bay area. Not so many in Miami. This is from talking to vendors and just noting the general activity at thrifts, fleas, and other gaming stores.

I'm fairly certain you could get some good vendor support anywhere near Tampa, I don't know the Orlando scene at all but that's always a good central spot in this state.

Based on my experience, there's a lot of classic gamers in the Tampa Bay area.  Not so many in Miami.

Very true. There does not appear to be much of a market for classic gaming. I only see classic games once in a blue moon and only if I look hard enough.

• 3 months later...

We really need a Florida swap meet and Orlando sounds good because it is central has cheap lodging and has stuff to do to make a trip into a vacation. I really like the idea of a swap meet where you bring your extras and dupes and you trade and talk. Of course a few games would be set up, but it wouldn't need to be a huge affair.

I've heard from a few flea market vendors and some local Tampa collectors that a trade show/classic gaming convention is in the drawing board stages for Tampa. They hope to attract people from around the state, hopefully they will consider Orlando because of it's central location.