IGNORED

Arcadia 2001 Multicart - 2011 version - any interest?

5-11under

Update: I'm all better now, so I'll be catching up on a few PMs today... .

In other news, would anyone be interested in a programmer's cart? This would just be a PCB with a ZIF socket installed to accept an included 8K EEPROM (electrically eraseable). You would need an EPROM programmer to program the chip. Once the chip is programmed, plug the chip in the PCB, plug the PCB in the Arcadia, and you're off and running. No cartridge casing is included. The price would be about $20 plus hopefully only a couple of dollars for mailing. If you're interested, send me a PM ideally fairly soon, and I'll add it to the "batch" of PCBs I'm in the midst of preparing.

Received my cart very nice job no offence to some other multi carts I have received as I still love them. But the finish on this is very nice from the labels to the cut out for the dip switches.

Thanks! There's still some variability in each unit, especially in the hole cut around the DIP switches, but overall I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I have multicarts reserved for coleconut, minous, and capndocky (mailing that one tomorrow).

There's been a few "no-shows" on the pre-orders, so I have about 3 or 4 each of the long and short cartridges leftover. These are available to anyone on a first-come first-serve basis at the "first run" price of $95 US including shipping via air mail. Send me a PM if you'd like one.

I will make more as required, but the price will likely be somewhat higher (maybe $105 or $110 all in) depending partly on the cost of donor cartridges and other parts. The lead time will likely be longer, too, depending on part stock levels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd add this here...

I got a request from someone to make a device that would be able to dump cartridge ROM contents to a PC. This would involve a PCB that would have a cartridge slot on one end, and pins on the other end that are compatible with an EPROM. Plug it into your EPROM programmer for the ability to dump cartridges.

If you're interested in one, feel free to send me a PM. I haven't figured out a price yet, but if more than just this one are interested, the cost should be at least a bit lower. They may not end up being fancy, just functional.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got one unit in progress (plus one unit that's been reserved for quite a while, pending some other work), so it looks like I have just one Arcadia multicart left at the $95 introductory price (including shipping). It's the short version (same as long, just different case size).

Also, it looks like I'm building a cart dumper (see post 210) for someone very soon, so if anyone else wants one, the maximum price will be $80 if you order before I buy parts.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread flew under my radar until someone listed on on GameGavel - http://www.gamegavel...item=0000699605. I had to jump in it. Can't wait to get it. Now just need to fine me an EA2001 console :) Thanks for making this!

Edit: thought you were still looking for one. Anyway, hopefully you'll find a console soon.

Edited by 5-11under

Hello 5-11under, I sent you a PM, but I am not sure if you received it...

Hi Minuous, I got your PM. I thought I replied. Anyway, I need to make one, and will work on it on Monday.

Thanks to Minuous who provided an updated Frogger ROM file in short order that worked properly on a real Arcadia!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick update: I just received 7 game shells (plus a console!), so over the next week or two I should be able to finish assembly of 8 units. If any others are interested, feel free to send me a PM. Given that I'll be making a decent batch here, the price for these should be $100 US each shipped via airmail.

• 1 month later...

Quick update: I just received 7 game shells (plus a console!), so over the next week or two I should be able to finish assembly of 8 units. If any others are interested, feel free to send me a PM. Given that I'll be making a decent batch here, the price for these should be $100 US each shipped via airmail.

Well, my schedule has opened up, and I've started getting these prepared. Hopefully within a week I'll have these ready. Once ready, I'll send a PM to those who expressed interest, and update this thread. Thanks for your patience.

• 3 weeks later...

The current batch is ready. If you've shown interest in one, I've sent you a PM. Please reply within a few days to reserve one. Anyone else who wants one, feel free to send me a PM. I've adjusted the pricing a bit for this batch... it's still $100 to North American addresses, but is now $105 to other locations.