IGNORED

HSC Round 4.13: Turkey Tourney 1981

There were three games eligible for the final two spots in the tournament. The final two spots were determined by going through the order in the season standings to find which player nominated the games.

These two games are in to fill the final two spots:

Solar Fox (mr. toast)

Space Fury (Cynicaster)

The odd game out was Space Dungeon which will be played in the Holiday Season Craptacular.

The other two titles nominated that will be played in the Craptacular were games that were not the most recent played out of the bunch (that had 3 nominations): Donkey Kong & Satan's Hollow.

post-3346-0-14854300-1321832040_thumb.png

To quote Unreal Tournament:

FIRST BLOOD!!!

112,940 on Bosconian

Best advice I can give is instead of the one shot to the middle kill of the Bases, take out the six cannons INDIVIDUALLY to destroy the base. It's a lot harder, but the score is worth it!

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Ms. Pac-Man (Turbo)

Ms. Pac-Man must eat all the dots in a maze in order to advance to the next stage. She's chased by killer ghosts but she can eat them while powered up after eating one of four large dots. Bonus points are awarded for eating the fruits and snacks that appear and wander the maze.

Game Information

Game Name: Ms. Pac-Man

Released By: Midway, 1981

MAME ROMset: mspacman

Dip Switches: Bonus Life: 10000; Lives: 3

AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC Record: n/a

Leaderboard

I would also like to thank you Rob for making the Ms. Pac-Man TURBO! The turbo ROM set is mspacmnf. It comes up as "Ms. Pac-Man (with speedup hack)" but it is the correct ROM.

I'll be submitting something for Ms Pac here in a sec :)

B

Edited by bigbee99

Ms. Pac-Man Turbo - 230,310

If you watch the replay you'll see I'm rusty. I lost a man on Orenge but still managed to stay perfect scores wise through the level. After that, I just run around like a chicken with his head run off. I don't really put much time into grouping, just a lot of running and avoiding. I did pretty good I guess. It's my personal best on MAME. I've come closer to 300k on a machine before.

B

BYLmspacmnf230310.zip

post-29567-0-85774400-1321835199_thumb.jpg

Okay. I was going through the whole list of games for this comp. Gathering ROMs, checking settings, ect. Does Space Fury need a parent ROM?

I just had bad ROMs. I used a different site to find them

B

Edited by bigbee99

Okay. I was going through the whole list of games for this comp. Gathering ROMs, checking settings, ect. Does Space Fury need a parent ROM?

I just had bad ROMs. I used a different site to find them

B

Don't you hate when you DL a ROM and the folder is invaild, it can't be extracted.

I had that happen with a few Sega CD ROMS. :(

I had to get them from a different site.

Bosconian - 72930 - Actually quite a fun game, cant believe Id never played it before.

Colony7 - 18300 - Pretty intense. I'd imagine this is easier on anything but a keyboard :P

Qix - 20974 - Very frustrating game!!

post-30640-0-67636900-1321873420_thumb.png

post-30640-0-01010100-1321874985_thumb.png

post-30640-0-18693100-1321876422_thumb.png

Edited by Barra

Colony7 - 18300 - Pretty intense. I'd imagine this is easier on anything but a keyboard :P

I used my Xbox 360 controller for this one. The sensitivity was still weird but better. I tried to get the mouse set up to play it with. I think that would be the easiest and more like a track ball. I'm guess this game had a track ball...

B

I used my Xbox 360 controller for this one. The sensitivity was still weird but better. I tried to get the mouse set up to play it with. I think that would be the easiest and more like a track ball. I'm guess this game had a track ball...

B

Good idea, might try my PS3 controller tomorrow.

KLOV pictures of the original cabs:

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7367

B

Good idea, might try my PS3 controller tomorrow.

KLOV pictures of the original cabs:

http://www.arcade-mu...hp?game_id=7367

I find it strange this was not a track ball game. An 8 way seems crazy. I think mouse will only work for trackball games. I have the mouse enabled as a controller for this game but I am not getting any response from it.

B

I would also like to thank you Rob for making the Ms. Pac-Man TURBO! The turbo ROM set is mspacmnf. It comes up as "Ms. Pac-Man (with speedup hack)" but it is the correct ROM.

I fixed the ROM info. The normal speeds of the Pac games work on my patience. The turbo versions are so much more fun to play.

And remember folks to please post your scores in ABC order. There's a bug in this forum software that whenever I paste scores it bumps my cursor all the way down to the edit window, so anything you can do to make things easier would be muchos gracias...

It's going to be a good week for gaming. A nice selection of titles here and plus The Arcade Quality Competition kicks off this Wednesday.