Gaztee

Last weekend 5/6 November a few of us packed our Atari goodies & headed north to Blackpool to take Jagfest UK to the masses!! :grin:

Well, we just wanted to try & give the Atari scene in the UK a bit of a boost. I am hopeful that we did that! Now with this being a show that brings 1000's through the door, I thought I'd ask a certain Mr Domin if we could demo his upcoming release Impulse X for the Jaguar ;-) He kindly agreed to this, and I have to say I think the game got a pretty good reception.

As things turned out, we were asked to run an Atari based competiton on Warlords for the VCS, but for whatever reason they couldn't get them to work! At this point we were looking for a hi score game & I suggested Impulse as its not out yet, & would show that there is still life in the old cat yet! I also said I would put up the prize of a copy of the game on cart for the winner (there's one order for you Matthias ;) )

So my weekend was spent mainly keeping an eye on people playing the game & keeping details of the best scores. The game was eventually won by Scott Edwards of Manchester, who is now looking for a Jag on which to play his new game!

The game was played pretty solidly for the whole 2 days & made at least one person change their view of the console & share them with the entire hall! :-D

I'm sure Matthias will provide us with more details soon, but the game will be offered on JagCD or cartridge & will be released at E-jagfest on 19th November!

Here's a link to some photos of the event (thanks Groovybee :thumbsup: )

http://www.flickr.co.../uberpixelphoto

And a couple of my own (sorry for the quality!) too!

post-760-0-53079200-1320705363_thumb.jpg

post-760-0-09127000-1320705437_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for the report Gaztee, I hope you had a fun weekend :)

As things turned out, we were asked to run an Atari based competiton on Warlords for the VCS, but for whatever reason they couldn't get them to work!
Ah come on, how hard is it to run a game on a 2600 ? No red screens, scratched CDs or flaky drives ; you plug it in and it just works :P

1000 people !!!

Wow, this was a great event, next year, I will try to come, but Blackpool is not the easiest town to go in UK. :D

I'm sure Matthias will provide us with more details soon, but the game will be offered on JagCD or cartridge & will be released at E-jagfest on 19th November!

Great news !!!

And I hope there will be a cartridge release.

Unfortunately, I won't attend to the Ejagfest this years (unless I make a nervous breakdown that urgently need to be cure with some Currywürst %) ).

Looks EXCELLENT!! ;-) Really looking forward to this release! Also very excited about trying out both my rotary controller as well as a mouse! Very eager to see how it compares to one of my favourite games on the Atari ST: Arknoid 2.

Only thing is, which to get? Cart or CD? Cart or CD...

Thanks for the report Gaztee, I hope you had a fun weekend :)

As things turned out, we were asked to run an Atari based competiton on Warlords for the VCS, but for whatever reason they couldn't get them to work!
Ah come on, how hard is it to run a game on a 2600 ? No red screens, scratched CDs or flaky drives ; you plug it in and it just works :P

Hope you are sat down.. but... we had that JagCD Unit running for the full 2 days NO ISSUES!!!!!! :D :D

• Like 2

Looks EXCELLENT!! ;-) Really looking forward to this release! Also very excited about trying out both my rotary controller as well as a mouse! Very eager to see how it compares to one of my favourite games on the Atari ST: Arknoid 2.

Only thing is, which to get? Cart or CD? Cart or CD...

Easy BOTH :-D Need to sort out a decent Rotary, now that more games are taking advantage of them! :thumbsup: WOnder if Link would notice if I nicked his!! :-o

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello!

Heya!

Any updates for us? :)

Recently i have added (for the cartridge-version) a packing-functionality for the selfdesigned levels to the game, so it can now save more than just 2 levels to the serial e2prom, the actual number of stored levels will depend on their design.

And last weekend i added the functionality to test out the actual designed playfield immediately from within the editor.

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 9

Hello!

Heya!

Any updates for us? :)

Recently i have added (for the cartridge-version) a packing-functionality for the selfdesigned levels to the game, so it can now save more than just 2 levels to the serial e2prom, the actual number of stored levels will depend on their design.

And last weekend i added the functionality to test out the actual designed playfield immediately from within the editor.

Kind regards

Matthias

Thanks for the update Matthias, much appreciated! :thumbsup: