IGNORED

Problem with getting Harmony to work

SvOlli

Hello,

I'm trying to get my Harmony up and running on a PAL system with a 2600jr and a 7800. On both, it just won't start:

- on the 2600jr, it has the same effect as no cartridge at all

- on the 7800, I get a green/grey-ish screen and some noise out of the speakers, that's all

I tried it with both, the current firmware eeloader_104e_PAL50.bin + hbios_105_PAL50.bin as well as flashing Adventure (PAL) in development mode. Flashing went fine, but "nothing" happens when I plug the cart in any of these two consoles, which work fine with any other module I have here.

Is it broken, or is there anything else I can try?

Greetings from Germany,

SvOlli

Are you using a clone or original console? If using an original console, there are a few possibilities. Sometimes the fit is tight so make sure it's inserted all the way. Also, make sure the cart edge is clean - I test all and clean off solder flux but I may gave missed some. A bit of isopropyl alcohol rubbed on the card edge will usually fix it, or a pencil eraser.

If none of that works, we'll do an exchange and I'll examine your cart for a post-mortem.

Thanks for the help, Thomas (forgot this one in the first reply) and batari.

I tried the harmony on an original Atari 2600jr and an original Atari 7800, both modded with composite output, since I've got no TV anymore. The 2600jr was the first try. When it didn't work there, I got my 7800 modded as well to make sure that it isn't just a fitting problem. I cleaned the connector, but the problems are still there.