IGNORED

HSC Round 4.12: BurgerTime

VectorGamer

BurgerTime

Peter Pepper the chef moves around the screen walking over the parts of a hamburger. As each item is walked over it drops to the level below. Armed with pepper he can throw on his enemies, he must avoid Mr. Hotdog, Mr. Egg, and Mr. Pickle. Bonuses appear in the forms of ice cream, coffee, and french fries.

Game Information

Game Name:

Released By: Bally Midway, 1982

MAME ROMset: Burgertime

Dip Switches: Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 10000; Enemies: 4; End of Level Pepper: No

Chosen By: JohnnyBlaze & MAME Offender

ROM Location:

AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC Record: 95,950 M.A.M.E Offender

Competition ends Sunday, November 20 @ 12PM EDT

Leaderboard

1. 458,350 richard stewart

2. 273,450 M.A.M.E Offender

3. 67,350 Cynicaster

4. 46,050 roadrunner

5. 39,200 bigbee99

6. 31,250 patbb

7. 19,250 mr. toast

8. 18,500 LarcenTyler

9. 12,250 JohnnyBlaze

Season Standings

Calculations through round 11

1. bigbee99 182

2. patbb 165

3. Cynicaster 144

4. M.A.M.E Offender 143

5. mr. toast 97

6. richard stewart 63

7. roadrunner 43

8. kojr 39

8. keilbaca 39

10. LarcenTyler 30

11. mightymage 23

12. JohnnyBlaze 14

13. retrorussell 9

14. NE146 8

15. Barra 7

16. rmaerz 4

Edited by rmaerz

Time to hit the kitchen to make some burgers.

Man, I knew I was gonna get pegged by the "patbb-gun" for my Wizard of War score. Nice shot. I guess I'll settle for third, again!!

I see richard stewarts has set the bar extremely high with his 458,350 on BurgerTime. No doubt, he has some tricks up his sleeve when it comes to the 6 character boards. Remember, dropping all 6 gives you 16,000. The fourth board is the BK Quadruple stacker board, holding 32 pieces in total!. The points can rack up in a hurry on the fourth.

The fifth is a piece of cake.

The key to the sixth is to get up to the highest you can go and work downward. I recommend getting the low buns and work you way up the board for boards 1 to 4 so you can milk the points as much as possible. I guess the pros would have a pattern to go low and work their way up for all 6 boards. If you simply want to get by it, I find it easier to be above them, and work your way down.

Good luck Everybody.

Chef 'em up, men!!

I'm goin to get me a score.....

YOU HUNGRY FOR THIS GGAME THE CHEW ON THIS

I see richard stewarts has set the bar extremely high with his 458,350 on BurgerTime. No doubt, he has some tricks up his sleeve when it comes to the 6 character boards. Remember, dropping all 6 gives you 16,000. The fourth board is the BK Quadruple stacker board, holding 32 pieces in total!. The points can rack up in a hurry on the fourth.

Richard, are you using a "grouping" technique?

Man, I knew I was gonna get pegged by the "patbb-gun" for my Wizard of War score. Nice shot. I guess I'll settle for third, again!!

Thanks, sorry for the late post. I did not have a lot a time to play this one.

I was bussy with Oil's well in the ColecoVision HSC :)

And what was the technique used to get over 600K on Pepper II?

Edited by rmaerz

Well he's got something up his sleeve and some fast progression. In April he submitted a 72k run on Mr. Do's Castle to Twin Galaxies. Then not even 6 months later, he drops a 900k score here for the HSC, never even submitting the inp to TGI. It almost tripled the current MAME WR and it was more than double the Arcade WR. I'd love to see the inp of that one! I'm sure he can put an inp of something close to that together for us since he is keen on how to make an inp

B

post-29567-0-09318300-1321495615_thumb.jpg

post-29567-0-80367600-1321495631_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

He should be able to submit an INP for at least 600K on Do! Castle. However, I don't think we'll ever see it posted - it would show that Cheats were enabled.

If this were Steve Wagner posting these scores I wouldn't doubt 'em. He puts up amazing scores quickly and I've seen him play in public.

Hell, maybe if I'm bored next holiday weekend, I'll stream Pepper II for shits n grins to see if I can top his Pepper II score. My high is 482K.

But, I also have the Star Castle (Vectrex) 1,000,000 on my plate. That'll take 8-10 hours and hard to do with wife and kiddees.

The Arcade/MAME HSC ScAnDaL!!! ;-)

Edited by rmaerz
  • Like 1

One more question. Can someone tell me what an "inp" is, and how to do an inp?

thx.

When you record a game using MAME it creates two files that can be played back via MAME showing the recording. One is INP and the other is WLF.

B

Edited by bigbee99

...and how to do an inp?

I use wolfMAME .106 for 99% of my MAME playing. To record simply

select the ROM you wish to record

Select "File" then "Play and Record Input"

OR

You can right click the ROM in the MAME menu and choose "Play and Record"

And there you go. Play the game. If it's a recording you wish to keep IMMEDIATELY change the inp and wlf file's name after the run. I say immediately because MAME will not prompt you if a file exist. It will just over write it. If you are playing DK it will save the file as dkong.inp (unless you choose a different name at the beginning). Say you get a personal best of 500k but wish to keep recording. If you don't change the file's name you will loose it as soon as you start the next recorded game since MAME chooses dkong.inp for the name of the recording as default.

To playback just go to "File" "Playback Input" and select the desired .inp. If you are watching someone else's game play, you will need the same ROM they used to record the game to watch the inp.

B

Edited by bigbee99

Minor improvment

I'm not passing anyone on the scoreboard so I am just going to sit on the pic :-D

I know I suck, but hey.......

I should've recorded my scores last night!

I've got one thing to say this morning:

CHEATERS ARE LOSERS, AND LOSERS ARE CHEATERS.

Attached is the cheat file that will work with WolfMAME 106. Place this in the root of the MAME dir and enable cheats from the game options settings in the GUI.

And there you go. Play the game. If it's a recording you wish to keep IMMEDIATELY change the inp and wlf file's name after the run.

I discovered that renaming the file after the recording rendered it unplayable. I noticed this when files I kept sending TG were said to have not worked.

cheat106.zip