IGNORED

HSC Round 4.12: BurgerTime

VectorGamer

I discovered that renaming the file after the recording rendered it unplayable. I noticed this when files I kept sending TG were said to have not worked.

I always rename my file and I never had any problems.

Make sure that you have a clean installation of Wm106 in the folder and no other versions.

I actually had a problem durring the TG marathon 3 years ago and that fixed my problem.

I've got one thing to say this morning:

CHEATERS ARE LOSERS, AND LOSERS ARE CHEATERS.

Attached is the cheat file that will work with WolfMAME 106. Place this in the root of the MAME dir and enable cheats from the game options settings in the GUI.

Aren't you supposed to NOT use cheats during a competition? Shame, shame, shame lol :P

I know I suck, but hey.......

I should've recorded my scores last night!

I have my cabinet to use a button on the bottom for Snapshots. On my X-Arcade Dual, I have the bottom two buttons on the player 1 side as "Pause" and "Snapshot" respectively. Makes it easier than having to fumble in the dark for a keyboard key.

...and how to do an inp?

I use wolfMAME .106 for 99% of my MAME playing. To record simply

select the ROM you wish to record

Select "File" then "Play and Record Input"

OR

You can right click the ROM in the MAME menu and choose "Play and Record"

And there you go. Play the game. If it's a recording you wish to keep IMMEDIATELY change the inp and wlf file's name after the run. I say immediately because MAME will not prompt you if a file exist. It will just over write it. If you are playing DK it will save the file as dkong.inp (unless you choose a different name at the beginning). Say you get a personal best of 500k but wish to keep recording. If you don't change the file's name you will loose it as soon as you start the next recorded game since MAME chooses dkong.inp for the name of the recording as default.

To playback just go to "File" "Playback Input" and select the desired .inp. If you are watching someone else's game play, you will need the same ROM they used to record the game to watch the inp.

B

Thx bro!!

Attached is the cheat file that will work with WolfMAME 106. Place this in the root of the MAME dir and enable cheats from the game options settings in the GUI.

No thanks, dude. We're just a bunch of dudes competing at the same game(s) for mainly bragging rights. I see no need to cheat.

No thanks, dude. We're just a bunch of dudes competing at the same game(s) for mainly bragging rights. I see no need to cheat.

Which is pretty much why even though I suck ass at a lot of these games, I really just don't care. We're just having fun!

Are you insinuating that there are no women in here? Damn, I had high hopes of meeting my soulmate in the MAME HSC.

Which is pretty much why even though I suck ass at a lot of these games, I really just don't care. We're just having fun!

I posted it so you guys can see for yourselves how it can be done.

For example, in some games you can set invincibility, rack up 900,000 points, turn invincibility off and then end the game. The result will be that you have a screenshot for an authentic-looking score.

Everyone has different reasons for participating in the HSC. Some like to see how they measure up and for them they see it as being more competitive.

For argument's sake, if I posted astronomical scores every HSC round with screen shots to back it up, how many people would enjoy participating in this HSC for an entire season?

Edited by rmaerz

I posted it so you guys can see for yourselves how it can be done.

For example, in some games you can set invincibility, rack up 900,000 points, turn invincibility off and then end the game. The result will be that you have a screenshot for an authentic-looking score.

Everyone has different reasons for participating in the HSC. Some like to see how they measure up and for them they see it as being more competitive.

For argument's sake, if I posted astronomical scores every HSC round with screen shots to back it up, how many people would enjoy participating in this HSC for an entire season?

I enjoy playing the games a lot more because of HSC. When you're playing, it gives you goals to shoot for and that makes things far more exciting.

I would hope that the "Honour System" would be in place, that's all.

• Like 1

I had a sh*tload of men at one point...

Boy, they sure are generous with free lives on this game, eh?

I find later in the game that you end up sparing lives for peppers.

273,450 post-29539-0-28306100-1321676742_thumb.jpg

Do you have the machine in the hallway or dining room? That's one big ass chandelier.....

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I'm wondering, about how long was this 273k run? Any idea?

In other news, I've been getting better with the grouping

B

post-29567-0-69293600-1321716357_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering, about how long was this 273k run? Any idea?

In other news, I've been getting better with the grouping

B

I crapped out on the 15th board. My 273k run took me about 40 minutes, I'm guessing.

Do you have the machine in the hallway or dining room? That's one big ass chandelier.....

It's way smaller than it looks. -- Here's to nobody hearing their better halves saying this in a conversation!!

OK guys. Here is step by step instruction on how to group the 4 enemies right away on the 1st board.

1. Get to this point right here as soon as the game begins:

post-29539-0-35033000-1321753974_thumb.jpg

2. Make sure the hot dog on the left and the egg on the right are both heading down these ladders:

post-29539-0-85835300-1321753224_thumb.jpg

3. As soon as they head down, head straight to the top:

post-29539-0-82268700-1321753265_thumb.jpg

4. When the first enemy gets fairly close to you, cross over the bun to your right, then head down the ladder:

post-29539-0-47516300-1321753305_thumb.jpg

5. Go to the very bottom:

post-29539-0-71720600-1321753340_thumb.jpg

6. Now, what you want to do here is move to the left as soon as you see your grouping is below the second level, to ensure they keep going down to lowest level.

post-29539-0-04754700-1321753378_thumb.jpg

7. Now drop your group of three to the ground:

post-29539-0-98652900-1321753429_thumb.jpg

8. Head up this ladder to the second level with your finger ready to hit the pepper button.

post-29539-0-37773800-1321753467_thumb.jpg

9. This is the most critical part of forming your complete grouping of your enemies. Go over as much of the bun as you can without dropping it to the next lower level. To ensure your pepper goes in the direction of the single hot dog, tap your joystick very quickly towards it. When you see that the hot dog has wallowed its way onto the edge of the bun, hit your pepper. If done right, you will freeze the single hot dog, but not the group that is heading toward you. It will look like this:

post-29539-0-81868600-1321753526_thumb.jpg

10. The 3 other enemies will be coming up at the perfect time. When you see fit, drop the bun as soon as the group eclipses the single, frozen hotdog.

post-29539-0-85707000-1321753590_thumb.jpg

And voila!! You just carefully drop the same tight package as many times as you can. By dropping the lowest level bun, you maximize your points.

post-29539-0-85539900-1321753652_thumb.jpg

G' head, give it a try!!

I like to use the arrow keys to play this game.

I don't know why HP made the up and down keys so small on this PC.

It makes it difficult to make quick movements. :(

I must have the same laptop as you. You have a good point there.

Yeah, a Notebook PC.

The arrow keys are not good for playing Pac Man style games either. :(

It's hard to see the numbers on the F keys too.

The lettering is so small. :(