IGNORED

Season 5 Round 11 *Front Line*

Ikrananka

How do i get blueMSX to play Colecovision games? :)

I get a blue screen that has list, run, auto, and goto at the bottom.

I can't get Frontline to play on the ColEm emulator, the game will crash.

Do you see a menu at the top with File, Emulation, Window, Options, Tools and Help? When I start bluMSX I do not see "list, run, auto and goto" at the bottom.

Yeah, i do.

I select File, cartridge slot 1, insert and nothing will load up.

I get that list,run, auto, goto blue screen after i try to load a col rom

Okay, try the following after you first start up blueMSX:

1. From the menu select Options > Emulation

2. Under General, next to "MSX machine", click on the dropdown and select "COL - ColecoVision". This tells blueMSX to emulate the ColecoVision and automatically points it to the default CV BIOS rom that is installed with blueMSX.

3. Then you need to setup the controller mapping. Will you be using the keyboard to control the game? If you need to know what keys are mapped by default to the CV controller, or you need to change the mapping, then click on the round silver button towards the bottom of the right-hand side of the screen labelled "KBD-JOY CONF"

4. Under the Joystick 1 tab, click on the dropdown to change between the standard controller and the super action controller (for Frontline you'll need to select the super action controller).

5. Click on any button or joystick direction on the small image of the controller and it will display the current mapping for that controller action. If you want to change the mapping then, while the relevant action is highlighted (small green square) press the key on the keyboard tht you wish to map. Repeat for any other mappings. Click OK button when complete.

6. You can now start the game via File, Cartrideg Slot 1, Insert....... and select the appropriate CV game rom image file.

Hope this works for you. If you have any problems just let me know.

I got it to work. Thanks for your help. :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How do i get blueMSX to play Colecovision games? :)

I get a blue screen that has list, run, auto, and goto at the bottom.

I can't get Frontline to play on the ColEm emulator, the game will crash.

Do you see a menu at the top with File, Emulation, Window, Options, Tools and Help? When I start bluMSX I do not see "list, run, auto and goto" at the bottom.

Yeah, i do.

I select File, cartridge slot 1, insert and nothing will load up.

I get that list,run, auto, goto blue screen after i try to load a col rom

Okay, try the following after you first start up blueMSX:

1. From the menu select Options > Emulation

2. Under General, next to "MSX machine", click on the dropdown and select "COL - ColecoVision". This tells blueMSX to emulate the ColecoVision and automatically points it to the default CV BIOS rom that is installed with blueMSX.

3. Then you need to setup the controller mapping. Will you be using the keyboard to control the game? If you need to know what keys are mapped by default to the CV controller, or you need to change the mapping, then click on the round silver button towards the bottom of the right-hand side of the screen labelled "KBD-JOY CONF"

4. Under the Joystick 1 tab, click on the dropdown to change between the standard controller and the super action controller (for Frontline you'll need to select the super action controller).

5. Click on any button or joystick direction on the small image of the controller and it will display the current mapping for that controller action. If you want to change the mapping then, while the relevant action is highlighted (small green square) press the key on the keyboard tht you wish to map. Repeat for any other mappings. Click OK button when complete.

6. You can now start the game via File, Cartrideg Slot 1, Insert....... and select the appropriate CV game rom image file.

Hope this works for you. If you have any problems just let me know.

I got it to work. Thanks for your help. :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great news - looking forward to your score submission :)