IGNORED

Buck

sometimes99er

Wow! That is brilliant! I really like the end of the TI one!

Trouble is, I am torn... I mean, I really love the TI, and I really love the old rubber keyed ZX Spectrum! I owe my career to both of these computers... Oh the hours I spent locked in my bedroom typing in magazine listings and playing games!

Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got a good chuckle out of both of them. Thanks for the find. Unlike Willsy, I am not torn in the slightest. Between the two, I would much rather have had my TI -- even with its shortcomings, at least the graphics are a notch or two up. I do have to say, however, that compared to the Commodore 64, they can both suck it :)

This post made me start looking around YouTube for other game systems playing "Planet of Zoom," and I have to say that each different release has desirable features in its own right. It was interesting to see how the TI scrolling compared to the Commodore 64: pretty darn close considering the differences in graphics hardware. The MSX version has a neat intro, and the Apple // version has a buzzing sound at the beginning. The PC and Apple versions looked just horrible. The Commodore 64 sounds are rather disappointing, in particular the music does not do the SID justice.

Ah, anyway. Back to other stuff. Thanks, again!

Wow! That is brilliant! I really like the end of the TI one!

Trouble is, I am torn... I mean, I really love the TI, and I really love the old rubber keyed ZX Spectrum! I owe my career to both of these computers... Oh the hours I spent locked in my bedroom typing in magazine listings and playing games!

Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I see in Retrogamer Magazine the number and quality of games made for the Speccy, I always lament the terrible blunder TI made by shutting out third party developers. Clearly from the games programmed in recent years as well as the projects in progress, the TI was every bit as good as the Speccy, and in many ways much better. About 5 years ago, I bought a Spectrum +2 (it has a proper keyboard, a cassette deck, 128K RAM and an RGB port) on Ebay as well as a whole stash of games on cassettes and got it to work using an RGB monitor and a power converter. However, the loading process of the programs was excruciatingly slow, and the colors were just awful, although the games were for the most part good. I just could not get hooked on it, so I sold it all back a few months later (sorry Willsy, had I known you back then I would have offered it to you!).

Unlike many on Ebay, I don't like to collect classic computers unless I actually use them...

Edited by Vorticon
  • Like 1

Unlike many on Ebay, I don't like to collect classic computers unless I actually use them...

I agree with this sentiment. I get frustrated when I see usable equipment get bought for stupid prices by people with no intention of using it. At the same time, I do not like selling to "collectors" and would prefer to give equipment away to anyone who would appreciate it. As money is not my motivating factor, in the past I have canceled my auctions which were clearly being purposefully over-bid.

With its various controversy, AmiBay was set up by some in the Amiga community to provide a moderated marketplace to avoid the eBay collectors (not to mention some of eBay's more moronic fees, like a percentage of shipping... really?!) I believe it has a section for "other," but I have not looked in a while.