IGNORED

Cave of Kroz updates

Bob Newstadt (A Blue Sky Ranger) told me that he played Carol at CGE and was very impressed with the control. Better than many of the original games. He said the game was very slick.

I'm flattered and humbled by that. The Blue Sky Rangers are childhood idols of mine (no sh*t!), so I feel honoured that they tried my game. :)

Kroz has been licensed (thanks Valter) and John has full freedom to do whatever he likes with the game that is based on the original.

I have been told that we can expect it to be ready by February 2013........we will start working on the game materials now. If anyone can suggest a good artist, or point me in the direction of original packaging/art, that would be appreciated.

Cool! I played a test demo of it a long time ago, and it was good. :)

-dZ.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update?

Isn't Caves Of Kroz an upcoming release from Elektronite?

Knecht, did the controller decoder work for you?

-dZ.

Sorry for the late reply. Life has been busy. Yes, the decoder works really well. Thanks for that bit of help. And yes, as you know by now, the game is going to be released through Elektronite.

• Like 1

Bob Newstadt (A Blue Sky Ranger) told me that he played Carol at CGE and was very impressed with the control. Better than many of the original games. He said the game was very slick.

I'm flattered and humbled by that. The Blue Sky Rangers are childhood idols of mine (no sh*t!), so I feel honoured that they tried my game. :)

Kroz has been licensed (thanks Valter) and John has full freedom to do whatever he likes with the game that is based on the original.

I have been told that we can expect it to be ready by February 2013........we will start working on the game materials now. If anyone can suggest a good artist, or point me in the direction of original packaging/art, that would be appreciated.

Cool! I played a test demo of it a long time ago, and it was good. :)

-dZ.

Thanks dZ :)

Has anyone attempted to contact the original developer of Kroz (Scott Miller)?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/dukenukem

I'm sure he'd be delighted his early work is still inspiring people.

Also, the source has been released under GPL 2:

http://www.3drealms....s_freeware.html

This may have been addressed here already. However, if it hasn't -- Scott Miller has been contacted, so the use of the name is a go.

Thanks for the update! Im looking forward to your game next year, it looks great so far.

and thanks to you for the support and exposure on your web site...

we have many projects in progress that are not mentioned anywere at the moment.... sometime in the future that would be nice to write down with your help my memories about all the amazing people and classic gaming companies I speak with.. you would be surprised what kind of games and collaboration we went close for Intellivision... :-)