IGNORED

VBXE, Pre-Order thread...

sloopy

Yes, there are 15 after the currently sold ones are completed... Of those 4 were sold to people who couldnt afford one of these in one payment, and needed to make 2 or 3 payments, with final payment after the Jan 1st cutoff...

Current timetable has them shipping mid-March, for the ones fully paid by then...

sloopy.

I haven't seen this addressed yet, but I wanted to connect the VBXE(1200XL) to a LCD television and/or LCD monitor without losing the 'expanded' capabilities of the card. Can this be accomplished using a 15Khz RGB CGA YUV Component Video YCbCr to VGA Converter Scaler?

Link below takes you to the product page with specifications for the Converter:

http://www.ambery.co...bcgatovgac.html

Looking at this diagram, I would need to wire the VBXE card to a DB-9 CGA port. Comments, suggestions, advice....

AV1-CablingSetup.gif

Edited by utengineer

I have one just like that, and it has a lot of lag

I purchased this board, others have said this one works pretty well with the VBXE output.

http://www.jammaboar...0-gbs-8220.html

Best regards

Robert

I do not see anywhere if these are 50Hz and 60Hz compatible. Does anybody know?

• 2 weeks later...

OK Update time... about 3 hours ago, I finally figured out what was the problem and delaying the full production and shipping of VBXE.

So current status is, I am going to be building and testing this week, and shipping will start on the 27th.

pics of VBXE on my 20" Sony Studio Monitor, with bad convergence issues, and camera that doesnt work for sheet on CRTs...

BASIC:

post-24811-0-92982800-1329623326_thumb.jpg

DACTEST:

post-24811-0-73948500-1329623387_thumb.jpg

the moire pattern is entirely from the camera, and the pic is very sharp except for the slight convergence issue of the monitor.

sloopy.

• Like 1

santa came early and brought me nice green vbxe2 ;)

and little something as a bonus too - thanks - i feel loved :P

Dont say that! now everyone is gonna want one! ;')

and yes, you are loved... I am sure your daughter loves you, and hopefully your wife too ;'D

(I know my wife always loves me, just rarely likes me...)

sloopy.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh. I hope you're OK. But even without injuries, and even if you're not at fault, car accidents are such a pain in the keister. Repairs, rentals, dealing with insurance...bleh. I hope it all goes well for you.

Big problem is, the other guy says its my fault, there were these other people there, who say his 'story' is correct, even tho everyone who sees the accident pics dont see how their story could be correct...

I am getting all the legwork done, so that not only can I get the tickets saying I am at fault for the accident dropped, but also nail his ass to the wall... Normally I am not a big person on suing someone, but when you lie about what you did, and get others to lie to 'witness', then yo arse is in 'open season'...

Life is what happens when you have made other plans...

sloopy.

Big problem is, the other guy says its my fault, there were these other people there, who say his 'story' is correct, even tho everyone who sees the accident pics dont see how their story could be correct...

I am getting all the legwork done, so that not only can I get the tickets saying I am at fault for the accident dropped, but also nail his ass to the wall... Normally I am not a big person on suing someone, but when you lie about what you did, and get others to lie to 'witness', then yo arse is in 'open season'...

Life is what happens when you have made other plans...

sloopy.

If the lawsuit fails, you want me to head out your way and we can do a "knee-capping" on him? Haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the car issue is on hold, until court... so it sits darkening my yard until we go to court and prove HE is at fault... This and other things (i.e. had a funeral to go to over the weekend at my parents house, no health insurance so my two sons with special needs had no psych meds, etc) going on... I am plugging away at them tho...

Don/Mimo, I had planned on having your VBXE done much sooner and was going to send together, but they obviously arnt done... I will get your sio2pc-usb's out this week...

Also another persons sio2ps-usb was evidently lost in mail, and went to the post office, and was told to wait 4 weeks from time of mailing... I need to send another...

as i told someone, I think i broke a mirror over a leprechaun's head while standing under a ladder and didnt know it :'/

sloopy.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate you have other things going on in your life just the same as I do. I just don't want you to get into the same situation as zaxon with people starting to get on your back with broken promises, etc. This will be the fourth time that the SIO2PC-USB will have been up for shipping...

If you are having major problems that means that the VBXE project has stalled then please tell us. I accept that this is a hobby and a sideline for most of us, but when money changes hands ($200 in my case) a moral contract is made and communication needs to be kept open, even if deadlines aren't. I'm not being pushy, and I don't want a refund so please don't take my post the wrong way - it would just be nice to be kept informed :)

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate you have other things going on in your life just the same as I do. I just don't want you to get into the same situation as zaxon with people starting to get on your back with broken promises, etc. This will be the fourth time that the SIO2PC-USB will have been up for shipping...

If you are having major problems that means that the VBXE project has stalled then please tell us. I accept that this is a hobby and a sideline for most of us, but when money changes hands ($200 in my case) a moral contract is made and communication needs to be kept open, even if deadlines aren't. I'm not being pushy, and I don't want a refund so please don't take my post the wrong way - it would just be nice to be kept informed :)

Unfortunately it hasnt been one big thing, its been alot of little things that have been the delay... I have been telling people here and there in msg some details, and mostly on irc gets more detail then anywhere, as i am there constantly. The issues have gotten to the point where many have made the comment, "your life should be made into a movie, titled 'Sloopy's Luck', with the benefit of a script wouldnt be needed as the story wouldnt need to be 'embelished' to be made interesting."

in addition to the car accident, our van went out of commission a month ago cause the top drivers side control arm rusted away to nothing... I ordered a new one online cause they were $50 online, $125 at the local parts store. This is what i received the other day:

post-24811-0-98949000-1332379408_thumb.jpg

On my car, I rotated the tires cause one went flat and I had to have the two 13" wheels on the front axle, and the one that i took from the rear and put on the front, now will lose all its air by morning, and its leaking from the bead, not a screw/nail/etc, so plugging it isnt an option.

I have two special needs children, and the one isnt listening to his mother at all, so anytime he needs to do something (from getting up in the morning, to homework, to even showering), I have to be there to make sure he does it.

There was a court date for my 13yo son i missed because my mother had 3 widowmakers (a special type of heart attack), in 2 days, and i missed the appearance, and had the police to my door wanting to haul us off to jail (fortunately my FIL is a semi-retired police officer, so we are in his 'custody')

My mother was admitted into the hospital last thur because the dialysis port she had put in back in Dec. came out, and it was making her blood pressure so low it was dangerous. (my mother is a nurse on disability due to blindness and (now) adreanal failure. so she knew alot of the people at the hospital, and got special permission to be released for the funeral last sat)

Last sat was my brothers MIL's funeral (details above).

Last Sun my son went with some friends to the pit to ride his dirtbike, when he went back to his uncles house to put it away, his uncle asked him to bring it another day cause his son is very sick with the flu, and didnt want anyone near him, so my son brought it home... My MIL, is pissed about it on the back porch and has attacked him any time she can get near him and no one is around, so far 9 times since mon morning. If it werent for the fact he would go to jail, i wouldnt stop him, but we had the police here a week ago cause she started to attack him, and he hit her with a piece of cheese, and she called the police...

and all that is just within the last 7 days so, as you see... it hasnt been a single thing that has been delaying things, its a bunch of things. as these kind of things have been going on for several months now (my 13YO son was in the hospital for all of Nov, as many remember, etc)...

Many have wondered how i have gotten done as much as i have, probably cause i go to bed at 3am, and get up around 8am...

is it miller time yet? :D

also, couple people have asked me about SIDE, its still moving forward. currently I am waiting for candle to get caught up with U1mb's and incognito, so he has time to remake the SIDE pcb, as i will be using a different case then zaxon did... But then I am not done with VBXE, so even if he had it done tomorrow, I couldnt do much with it, as I have something between VBXE and SIDE...

sloopy.

Regarding the Atari side of things, would it not be better to finish outstanding projects and orders before starting other projects (SIDE, etc) For those of us who have not received anything after six months (and still without status update or ETA) to read posts of other projects, etc is a bit unnerving.