Actually...

Here's RAPTORVADERS....

Raptorvaders.zip

Written in under 24 hours (including debugging the .OBJ file and commenting the code) using the RAPTOR library.

Once this is released there'd better not be a single utterance of 'the jaguar is hard to code for' ever again. Coffin, meet Nail.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

Nice job will there be more game examples ? :-)

Well, HMS Raptor, Degz, Expressway and Rocks Off were written as examples - however they are using older versions of the library, and the API has changed slightly so they won't link to the .OBJ without modifications. I might patch them to work in the future, and i'll probably write more examples, and there is no reason other people can't release their code if they use RAPTOR.... but for now, lets just get this released.

Actually...

Here's RAPTORVADERS....

attachicon.gifRaptorvaders.zip

Written in under 24 hours (including debugging the .OBJ file and commenting the code) using the RAPTOR library.

Nice job!

Once this is released there'd better not be a single utterance of 'the jaguar is hard to code for' ever again. Coffin, meet Nail.

Too hard generally means no examples and/or libraries. I think you're taking care of both those here. :)

I am looking out for the announcement when its released cannot wait to try it....

Still a month left.

Plenty of time to:

• Hype it up beyond all belief
  • Get angry at random people
  • DENY EVERYTHING
  • pretend to get hacked
  • blame it on another forum member
  • restrict it's use to only people called 'Alfie' from a small hamlet in South England
  • DELETE *.*
  • quit the forum
  • come back
  • quit again
  • cancel everything
  • release it for $80 + S&H
  • make another forum where I can be an administrator
  • get banned from my own forum
  • wish everyone a merry christmas :)
  • Like 9

you have an example of memory track save, is there an example of eeprom save? is that included in the highscore example?

I have code that supports the Jagtopus eeprom, not the standard eeprom - but this won't be included in the inintial RAPTOR release.

There is sample code to write to the eeprom, provided by Atari, in the jagdev.zip file that is floating around.

• Like 1

I've spent the last few days being bored out of my skull documenting all the functions/variables/examples. This first draft of the manual is now being proofread by a few people. I think I can safely say this will be ready for the release date (25/12/2014).

I'm hoping, time permitting, to add a few more code examples to the release. These will just be source code with comments, and won't be more fully documented in the manual.

I hope people make use of this library, I'm looking forward to see what happens.

• Like 2

Still a month left.

Plenty of time to:

• DENY EVERYTHING
  • pretend to get hacked
  • restrict it's use to only people called 'Alfie' from a small hamlet in South England
  • DELETE *.*
  • quit the forum
  • come back
  • quit again
  • cancel everything

Was there a reference to a crashed hard drive?

Loved the Merry Christmas reference. Love "Surrounded" but wish there was a button to hit to skip past the long intro.

Still a month left.

Plenty of time to:

• DENY EVERYTHING
  • pretend to get hacked
  • DELETE *.*
  • quit the forum
  • come back
  • quit again
  • cancel everything

That sounds like an easy game to code in RAPTOR :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is amazing.

Completely off-topic, but I wanted to point out the hyperlink in the text "head over to the RAPTOR page" brings me to a 404.

It's the Jaguar's 18th birthday today. To celebrate, Reboot of Jagware are pleased as punch to unveil The RAPTOR Engine. RAPTOR is a high performance RISC-based API designed to leverage the performance of the Jaguar's custom RISC chips in an easy and flexible manner. It also utilises LinkoVitch's new U-235 sound engine. It's not finished yet, there's much more functionality to add in future, but we believe this to be a huge step forward in bringing Jaguar game design within the reach of many more people.

To give you an idea of the possibilities, our latest game, Kobayashi Maru, was implemented using an early version of RAPTOR. Head over to the RAPTOR page to learn more. Feedback is most welcome!

Yup, that was 3 years ago icon_wink.gif Check the link in the RAPTOR API forum icon_wink.gif

Of course :)

One thing I've noticed, though, regarding the Atari Jaguar and the web: there is so much link rot. Increasing use of 301 redirects and fixing broken URLs when seen should alleviate this. It makes it really hard when entire sites go down, a la Jaguar Sector 2.

• 1 year later...