IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, Season 3, ROUND 1

Austin

It was 99.9% luck and maybe .1% skill but even that is being very generous. I was able to hit the missile ramp, which I am never able to hit, 4-5 times when I was suppose to and I had so many extra balls that I probably ended up playing with 14 when all was said and done. I have gotten back into the 100 million score range but I haven't been able to touch that score and I don't think I will.

I have gotten back into the 100 million score range but I haven't been able to touch that score and I don't think I will.

Yeah, my best is just a little over 100 million. I am going to keep trying throughout the week, but I don't think I am going to get much higher. The game is too poorly designed to have any serious control over what is happening, like you should in a *good* pinball game.

I have gotten back into the 100 million score range but I haven't been able to touch that score and I don't think I will.

Yeah, my best is just a little over 100 million. I am going to keep trying throughout the week, but I don't think I am going to get much higher. The game is too poorly designed to have any serious control over what is happening, like you should in a *good* pinball game.

Haha add this to Checkered Flag as broken games on the Jag that I somehow stumble my way through.

The boards aren't fantastically designed but there is no reason a really good pinball player couldn't have fairly reasonable control over what is going on. I, however, am not a really good pinball player. :)

The boards aren't fantastically designed but there is no reason a really good pinball player couldn't have fairly reasonable control over what is going on. I, however, am not a really good pinball player. :)

I feel I am competent well-enough at real pinball (I play each weekend), so all I will say is, being good at the real thing doesn't help much here. Well, let me restate that.. Being disciplined like when playing real pinball will help, but that only goes so far here thanks to wonky game physics, terrible flipper action and nudging that doesn't work well enough. Real pinball is about having control over the table, something that's difficult to do here thanks to some of the reasons above. Techniques and forms of control translated much better to Pinball Fantasies, but even that was flawed to where an experienced pinball player will have trouble (Save2600 put it into words really well in the PF thread a few weeks back).

I feel I am competent well-enough at real pinball (I play each weekend), so all I will say is, being good at the real thing doesn't help much here. Well, let me restate that.. Being disciplined like when playing real pinball will help, but that only goes so far here thanks to wonky game physics, terrible flipper action and nudging that doesn't work well enough. Real pinball is about having control over the table, something that's difficult to do here thanks to some of the reasons above. Techniques and forms of control translated much better to Pinball Fantasies, but even that was flawed to where an experienced pinball player will have trouble (Save2600 put it into words really well in the PF thread a few weeks back).

Yeah but a really good pinball player can get use to the differences and apply those skills to this game. Getting a good rhythm going isnt as easy as it should be but not the impossible task people here are making it out to be.

Yeah but a really good pinball player can get use to the differences and apply those skills to this game. Getting a good rhythm going isnt as easy as it should be but not the impossible task people here are making it out to be.

I don't think you have an understanding of the many factors that play a part in what makes a good pinball player "good". I won't say any more from here. :)

I don't think you have an understanding of the many factors that play a part in what makes a good pinball player "good". I won't say any more from here. :)

Yeah ok.