IGNORED

I/O error 63 in CLASSIC99

moulinaie

Hi,

I can't write anything on my disk with CLASSIC99, "SAVE" or "OPEN" a file for output lead to an error.

I use CLASSIC99 QI359 and the disk file is MYPROGS.TIDisk

Guillaume.

PS: the disk file is correct as I can use it with WIN994a simulator, I can read and write.

You need to set up the particular drive to use a disk image, then browse to the disk image.

post-24932-0-01439800-1323178288_thumb.png

Here you can see I have DSK4 pointing to a TIDISK file. In the background I am using TurboForth to catalog EDITOR ASSEMBLER A.TIDISK in Classic99.

Hope this helps.

Mark

You need to set up the particular drive to use a disk image, then browse to the disk image.

Here you can see I have DSK4 pointing to a TIDISK file. In the background I am using TurboForth to catalog EDITOR ASSEMBLER A.TIDISK in Classic99.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Yes I did that: CLASSIC99 can read the files, but the problem is that it can't write to the TIDisk...!

Guillaume.

Mark is correct, Classic99 does not support writing to disk images. Mostly because I didn't want to write the code to muck around with the disk bitmap, and I didn't want to risk people's data until I was at least sure I was /reading/ them correctly.

Mark is correct, Classic99 does not support writing to disk images. Mostly because I didn't want to write the code to muck around with the disk bitmap, and I didn't want to risk people's data until I was at least sure I was /reading/ them correctly.

Okay thank for everyone's help: so I'm not doing something wrong.

ANother question..!!

I can't capture a video with sound, is it normal too?

Guillaume.

Yes, it is.

Thanks again.

One more question:

What is the best choice for the capture codec to get a good reindering without eating too much power?

Then, I can modify the video for a better compression.

I used to select CINEPAK but the colors appear to be a bit sad.

Guillaume.

Well, that's a good question which is not in the documentation, and the answer is "it depends". It's entirely dependent on what codecs you have on your system.

I try to use INDEO or XVID when I can, unfortunately they do not always work. More often these days, I use external software (I use Webcam Max but I don't really recommend it.. it's commercial software but it hijacks your browser on Ask.com's behalf (ironically without asking), and there are no controls to improve its compression. I've asked about both settings to the author and just got an apology.)

I downloaded CamStudio but I haven't tried it yet. It seems well recommended and is open source.

The problem is that these days, very few codecs support the 16-bit rendering that Classic99 uses internally. I need to update the video system to 32-bit (which I expect will actually improve performance on modern hardware, since few people still run 16-bit displays....) So you kind of have to just try what it offers and see what works for you.

The problem is that these days, very few codecs support the 16-bit rendering that Classic99 uses internally. I need to update the video system to 32-bit (which I expect will actually improve performance on modern hardware, since few people still run 16-bit displays....) So you kind of have to just try what it offers and see what works for you.

Interesting to know that you use 16 bits. I will try to find an old codec (MSVC uses that).

THanks Tursi for your wondeful work with Classi99.

I think that a lot of what I've been able to do with MLC was made easy with your emulator, I heavily used the debugger that is really easy to use.

Will you add a posiibility to modify the RAM or REGISTERS when paused?

Guillaume.

If I remember correctly you can already do that.

In the address field in the debugger (not the breakpoint address field) you can type (for example)

R2=1234

and it will change R2

To change CPU memory type

C<address>=<value>

To change vdp type

V<address>=<value>

Etc

Personally I use HyperCam2 and WinFXVideo. The HyperCam2 is what I use to make my videos for the last 20 Videos, and WinFXVideo is my converter that converts formats from .avi (huge to) Quicktime or WMP or MP4.

Both are free and include free updates.

Then only snag with HyperCam2 is the function keys F1, F2, and F3 are hard coded to the HyperCam2 but with the TI Classic99 or Win994A there are work arounds.

Besides I can do Full Screen Video Capture and looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CarbonicHolyPally?feature=mhee

Edited by RXB

Personally I use HyperCam2 and WinFXVideo. The HyperCam2 is what I use to make my videos for the last 20 Videos, and WinFXVideo is my converter that converts formats from .avi (huge to) Quicktime or WMP or MP4.

Both are free and include free updates.

Thanks! I tried succesfully HyperCam2 with a good frame rate and sound.

Guillaume.