IGNORED

Interest check: Nintendo Fiber Optic Sign

DCfan

I'm looking to sell a fiber optic sign I have. The Nintendo logo is displayed on both sides, only one of which lights up like a Christmas tree. The model # is NESM36F and it measures about 32" Wide - 12" Height - 6" Depth. It's in good working condition - it has some light scratches on the sides with heavier ones on the bottom.

Here's what it looks like:

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. If you know anyone who might be interested in this, please let them know about this.

post-28416-0-12476000-1323637872_thumb.jpg

post-28416-0-42564300-1323637952_thumb.jpg

post-28416-0-50156800-1323637974_thumb.jpg

Sorry Crazy Climber - part of the reason I'm even selling this is because all my game stuff takes up too much space. Unless you have like a dozen limited edition Dreamcasts. I'd be willing to endure hell and brimstone for that.

I hear you. I have a PS2 neon sign. I sold it (to fibro actually), broke it while packaging it, ended up paying $125 to have it fixed so now I am stuck with it for life since I doubt anyone will pay me the $200 plus shipping I have into it, lol. I thought this Nintendo one might look nice next to it, I can only do trades this close to X-mas though. Thanks for letting me know :)

@Galeforcerm, I'm located in NYC.

@ShawnSr., I'm asking for $360-400.

@Stan, I have replied to your PM.

@Crazy Climber, Ouch! That's like every seller's worse nightmare. Did you drop it or did your Jack Russell run in and tear up the room or what?

Edited by DCfan

At least CC broke it whilest packing it. Neon seldom lives through a trip. I've paid $125 - $155 to have many of them repaired. When you buy neon, you pretty much have to assume that you will be spending on a repair, and have a reliable source lined up in advance. Joslin sign in Nashville was great. Good work and looks like it should.

AX

@Crazy Climber, Ouch! That's like every seller's worse nightmare. Did you drop it or did your Jack Russell run in and tear up the room or what?

HAHA, Yeah this sign has turned into kind of a curse for me. I got it cheap, like $75 shipped IIRC. I put it up for sale on Ebay a few times after I accepted I would never have a proper spot for it in my house. Winner of the auctions, yes, more than one, was a non paying bidder everytime, the nightmare was starting, grrrrrr.

So I decided to just blow it out at the same price I paid ($75 shipped) Ended up selling it to Fibrofreak here on the forums. First attempt at shipping couldn't find time to get proper packing supplies/etc, ended up refunding her money. Finally had time to pack it, sold it to her AGAIN, brought it to the PO, when I told them it was a neon they said it would never survive the trip the way I had it packed and that actual neon sign distributers still had like a 20% "arrived broken" average. I then remembered Ax mentioning to me a long time ago he had issues with these EXACT ps2 signs himself and they almost always break.

At this point I wanted this F'n sign GONE. I was tired of looking at it everyday and didn't care if it cost me $75 to ship it, I just didn't want to lose money. I broght home a ton of styro from work and started taping it around the glass so I could put it in a box full of peanuts which would then go in ANOTHER box with even MORE peanuts. While taping around the glass I heard it crack, the "2" had become disconnected from the rest. Got a quote of $125 to fix it, thought that was ridiculous for a $50 sign and again, refunded Fibro's money.

Well, being to "thrifty" to just throw it away and again being to "thrifty aka cheap" to fix it the sign again sat in my house, annoying the hell out of me until I recently decided to just bite the bullet and fix it. The sign now resides above my entertainment center. Kind of a reminder to be more careful, lol. It's also still for sale at $200 plus shipping, not holding my breath for that sale though, lol.

post-9102-0-18785800-1323953054.jpg

• 11 years later...