IGNORED

HSC Round 4.16: Make Trax

VectorGamer

Isn't this the game that Walter Day said he was a pro at in Chasing Ghosts?

That's the one

He scored 1,580,300 29 years ago today!

post-25394-0-60016400-1324674154_thumb.jpg

I saw Walter and Greg Bond playing on a Make Trax mini-cab last summer at Richie's Invitational. It was the first time I've met Walter in person - really nice guy.

I never met him.

The first year I went to funspot annual tourney TW were not longer handling the scores.

But I met Greg last year, he's an amazing player.

I watched him play a small game of Zoo Keeper ... 15 millions points !!

Edited by patbb

HAHA "he's an amazing player" because if you try to strike up a conversation with the guy he acts like you're bothering him.

So - who's looking forward to the HOHOHOliday tourney? I'm looking forward to the crap games - they're the best!

Edited by rmaerz

Damn this is a tough game. Like Pat said, the AI on the enemies is pretty sharp--seems like they're always 10 steps ahead of you. For a team programmed to corner you in a cross-fire, these fishies make Blinky and Inky look like chumps.

Lingering longer than necessary in sections of the maze that have a tunnel at each end to go to the other side of the screen is pretty much certain death because the fishies will split and box you in.

They're also obviously programmed to anticipate the lead-the-fish-to-the-roller-from-the-wrong-direction-and-quickly-double-back maneuver. I noticed that they switch directions as soon as you cross the crush roller, even if you don't push it.

Anyway, MAME-y Christmas gamers!

CYN