IGNORED

500th post contest - WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

bcprs1

Hmmm...  Could it be that the 2600 version can also be played on the 7800 but there is no seperate 7800 cart?

If that was the case the contest rules should have been made more explicit. Clearly it says 2600 yes, 5200 no, 7800 yes. That implies seperate and distinct 2600 and 7800 releases.

Fight Night?

If that was the case the contest rules should have been made more explicit.  Clearly it says 2600 yes, 5200 no, 7800 yes.  That implies seperate and distinct 2600 and 7800 releases.

Not that I particularly care or want to argue but there is no clear implication of 2 seperate cart releases in the statement "2600 yes, 5200 no, 7800 yes". That statement as written would be true of any 2600 game that works in the 7800.

You're probably right about 2 separate releases, but I wouldn't say that was completely clear from the post.

Agreed, but we all have to be careful about that whole "look a gift horse in the mouth" thing. These guys are just doing it for fun and our benefit. :ponder:

If everything was laid out perfectly so that all we had to do was follow the trail then someone would have ended this long ago and there would be no prize at this point. :thumbsdown:

The ambiguity of the clue just adds to the suspense. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something like "Well, Elevator Action is kinda like Kangaroo which is kinda like Donkey Kong, so the game is Roc 'n' Rope". :dunce::roll:

ò¿ó        smiling_to_crack_chromizone.gif

All answers have been given except for

RealSports Baseball?

But there was no NES version. We need another clue or some direction. What answer are you looking for? 2600 game title, 7800 game title, or the NES game title?

It can only be one of these games, since each had a 2600 and 7800 version but did not appear on the 5200:

* Commando

* Klax

* Desert Falcon

* Winter Games

* Double Dragon

* Summer Games

* Dark Chambers

* Rampage

* Pete Rose Baseball

* DK Jr.

* Donkey Kong

* Kung Fu Master

* F-14 Tomcat

* Ikari Warriors

* Xenophobe

* Crossbow

* Fatal Run

* Super Skateboardin'

* RealSports Baseball

As far as I've been able to tell, every game on this list has been guessed.