IGNORED

The Snider-Man Mystery Cart Giveaway RETURNS!!!!

Snider-man

Submarine Commander

The JFK is an aircraft carrier, but there's no game that specifically has "aircraft carrier" or even "battle group" in the name.

I think that the words "flood" and "swiftly" are still the main clues from the first page, but buggered if I can workout how to link them with a carrier.

(Mind you, I also looked up "Magic Bullet", "Grassy Knoll" and "Sniper", but nothing...)

Still no correct guesses, though I've enjoyed some of the leaps of logic some of you have taken! (I will say that someone above DID nail one of the more subtle clues, but took it in the worng direction.)

Final clue before I go to bed. Combine this clue with an earlier one and you should have it:

CX-26_ _ _

And the race is on. Previous guessers may guess again. I'll lurk for a few more minutes because I expect magic to happen.

Whew! I thought this would never end! Rhindle the Red is the winner who was first to identify "Sorcerer's Apprentice" as the Mystery Cart. If he'll PM me his address, I'll toss this cart in the mail to him.

And here were the clues:

1. In the first message, I said "...let's start at the beginning." That was the first clue that something was up within this message. Some of you did notice this phrase seemed odd: "...first Atari nut that answers swiftly (I assume..." Well, here's the answer. Use the "beginning" letters and you'll see First Atari Nut That Answers Swiftly I Assume - FANTASIA. The movie containing the scene the game is based on.

2. Too much for you? Then the other word was easier, and was picked up on by krisjohn. The message also contains the word "flooding." A reference to the flooding of the chamber you're trying to stop in the game.

3. My next message showed a screen from the Vectrex game "Clean Sweep." The clue was simple. Sweep=broom. As in, the brooms in Sorcerer's Apprentice that are doing the flooding within the game. I tried to work up a curling reference or a reference to Harry Potter's Nimbus, but I figured a videogame broom reference was better.

4. Next message referred to JFK's WWII boat. That would be PT-109, ladies and gentlemen. In the next clue, I said CX-26____. Put 'em together for CX-26109 - the serial number for "Sorcerer's Apprentice." (And my final message even had the word "magic" in it - sorcerer-type magic!)

Congrats Rhindle and stay tuned! I have a few more carts on stand-by!