IGNORED

TMS9995

samishal

Well I've gone as far as I'm going with this I think. Website updated with hopefully all the information one would need (www.avjd51.dsl.pipex.com/tms9995_breadboard/tms9995_breadboard.htm) plus EPROM images for BASIC and Forth. To keep Marc happy ;-) I've included some details about interfacing a VDP, SID and keyboard, but it will be up to the reader to work out (and experiment with) the exact circuitry required; that's the best way to learn ;-)

Stuart.

• Like 1

Looks very interesting. I am a hardware noob, but this seems the right project for me.

I'd like to turn my spectra2 library -which I haven't touched for almost a year now- into an OS.

It's actually a mini-os already and I like to further investigate and enhance its thread capabilities.

This could turn into a long-term project for the winter 2012-2013 ;-)

thanks for your hard work on this ;-)

• 1 month later...

I've set up a new web page for a breadboard system for a TMS 99110 processor that someone kindly gave me. The 99110 is a third-generation member of the 9900 family, and includes a macrostore feature that contains floating point instructions as part of the machine language instruction set. The processor runs at up to 6 MHz.

<http://www.avjd51.dsl.pipex.com/tms99110_breadboard/tms99110_breadboard.htm>

I've included some very non-scientific benchmarks of the performance of the 99110 against the 9900 and 9995 in various configurations. Even at the same clock speeds, its significantly faster.

Stuart.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

/me looks at Stewart's breadboard project... then looks at her copy of eagle. looks back at the breadboard project, then back at eagle. damn! there goes my weekend! (which is my way of saying... thx Stewart for the breadboard project details! (actually... thx everyone on this thread. it's been a good read. happy to find there are still 99XX fans still out there.))

Edited by Meadhbh Hamrick