IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good morning, greetings from Colombia. I hope you can help me, I need to convert an ATX image to ATR and when I load the image in ATR Tools, the "Convert ATX to ATR" option appears gray and disabled in the ATX menu. Is it possible to do this conversion or is it a function not implemented?  If possible, can you tell me how? Thanks

2 minutes ago, José Antonio said:

Good morning, greetings from Colombia. I hope you can help me, I need to convert an ATX image to ATR and when I load the image in ATR Tools, the "Convert ATX to ATR" option appears gray and disabled in the ATX menu. Is it possible to do this conversion or is it a function not implemented?  If possible, can you tell me how? Thanks

That's still in progress...

I forgot about this.

If you can run Perl-scripts, this will work for sure (atx.pl file.atx file.atr -copy=1-720):

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/251304-repairing-modifying-atx-images/?do=findComment&comment=4425178

I use it all the time to batch-convert ATXs. If an image contains duplicates/phantoms, it takes the first instance found on the track.

If you browse the linked thread, you should find more information on how to use the script.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I expect some problems with this tool under WIN10 22H2 64bit.

No ATASCII characters in "View file" mode. (see attached pic.)

Menu View -> Output -> ATASCII marked. Atari specific fonts installed.

Under Win 7 32bit the same version (27f) is fine! I try the last available version - 30a - the same result - under W10 64 - no ATASCII, under W7 32 - all OK.

How to fix? Or I do something wrong?

atrtoolsJPG.JPG

And this from Win7 32b:

Capture.JPG

Edited by MVladimir

58 minutes ago, MVladimir said:

It works fine in Win10 64 22H2. You need the font file in the directory you are starting it from.

BUT:

IIRC the font is contained in the EXE and is written to disk when you run ATRtools for the first time.

Here is the font for you to try:

atari.fon

36 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

It works fine in Win10 64 22H2. You need the font file in the directory you are starting it from.

BUT: IIRC the font is contained in the EXE and is written to disk when you run ATRtools for the first time.

Here is the font for you to try:

atari.fon 4.08 kB · 1 download

This font file is on place.... anyway thanks for reminder. The problem is somewhere else...

Edited by MVladimir

16 hours ago, MVladimir said:

Menu View -> Output -> ATASCII marked. Atari specific fonts installed.

Under Win 7 32bit the same version (27f) is fine! I try the last available version - 30a - the same result - under W10 64 - no ATASCII, under W7 32 - all OK.

How to fix? Or I do something wrong?

atrtoolsJPG.JPG

And this from Win7 32b:

Capture.JPG

What does it look like when you View as "Raw" ?

23 minutes ago, AtariGeezer said:

What does it look like when you View as "Raw" ?

"View file as -> Binary" (hope you mean this as RAW?) and simple "View file" under right click on file menu, shows the same result, as you see on screenshot. Unfortunately.....

45 minutes ago, MVladimir said:

"View file as -> Binary" (hope you mean this as RAW?) and simple "View file" under right click on file menu, shows the same result, as you see on screenshot. Unfortunately.....

Yep, that's what I meant.  Have you tried running it with Administrator settings?