IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

Regarding the "no window/no icon" issue some are reporting, I have some details of my own. I tried the latest build tonight on my Win10 64-bit Home system tonight and had the same problem - no icon in the task bar, no program window. I opened the Windows Task Manager and found the ATR Tools process was present but consuming 0% CPU time and basically not doing anything.

So I went to the Details tab of the Task Manager, right clicked on the process and selected "Analyze wait chain" - it seems that for some reason, ATR Tools was waiting for another running task on my laptop (Roland Cloud Manager, a background application for account validation and download/access to Roland VST soft-synths). I killed the Roland Cloud Manager process and the ATR Tools window and taskbar icon both appeared immediately.

post-30400-0-39756400-1528928773_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

- 06/13/2018 - Changed SendMessage() to SendNotifyMessage() for Font Display.

ATRTools-027f.zip

This newest build is working fine on my Win10 x64 system. I also just tried out a drag-and-drop of an EXE file into a newly created ATR and that worked fine for me as well.

• Like 1

- 06/13/2018 - Changed SendMessage() to SendNotifyMessage() for Font Display.

Thanks, but it did not solve the long startup time when LibreOffice is running.

It waits for soffice.bin.

Edited by DjayBee

Which OS are you using?

Drag-n-Drop works from Win95 to XP and I think I checked it on Win 7 too...

XP. Still no go here. If I want to open an ATR image, I have to go through the pull-down menus and all that. Can't drop an ATR image into the program to open it and can't drop it onto the exe. or shortcut either.

Though the equivalent program for Apple II (Ciderpress) allows this, so I don't believe it's my system unless there IS some difference or setting I'm not aware of.

XP. Still no go here. If I want to open an ATR image, I have to go through the pull-down menus and all that. Can't drop an ATR image into the program to open it and can't drop it onto the exe. or shortcut either.

Though the equivalent program for Apple II (Ciderpress) allows this, so I don't believe it's my system unless there IS some difference or setting I'm not aware of.

Gotcha, a misinterpretation here on my end. No, dropping an ATR isn't implemented yet, Thought you were referring to files in general...

Now on the ToDo List :)

• Like 3

This is a Work-In-Progress program that runs on Windows.

It allows you to do many things with ATR, XFD and PRO images...

http://www.fiftyonefiftysystems.com/Atari/AtrTools.html

Download and let me know what you think so far icon_smile.gif

Jay

I think that my current problem with Atr Tools is that I don't have the original program set up file and this link is dead.

I think that my current problem with Atr Tools is that I don't have the original program set up file and this link is dead.

I don't have the original files either and installing v0.27f worked just fine for me.

Hi folks, just started a thread to try and finda DOS file cataloguing utility, ie scan disks, those with DOS files like BAS DAT or other Extensions get listed to a big list so I can find some stuff as otherwise unless you do them one at a time its all quite hidden.

Anyway, Rdea's suggest ATRtools and I tried scanning ATR's by the Tools option but it starts and then after a sec crashes, I tried 26F and 27f and both do it..

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sure its me...

Help in any part would be appreciated and will ATRtools batch scan loads of ATR's to make a list or one at a time?

I can get a listing if I OPEN an ATR initially (as long as it has a DOS format)...

AM I mistaking the scan for something else and as said will it do batched and compile a big list?

Thanks fox, I'll bet it hates X64 as well, so much hassle to get it to go...I'll look but if its all that I'll probably pass...I want to do all this but without wishing to hang myself :)

Thank you for the help Fox..

Paul..

Got it going with DOSBox but its clunky as hell...Works but clunky...Files have to be in the newly mounted drive before its added, so if you do a batch you need to restart and get the next lot of files and add then mount etc etc..

BUT, it does indeed work.. Still keen to know if ATRtools will do it and why it crashes...

But super help Fox..

Edited by Mclaneinc

It's too bad Bo and Ernest don't do much Atari related things these days. Their Atari 8-Bit MS-Dos tools were one of the first of this kind, all done in assembly, so, small and fast. Had an MS-Dos box running for many years with basically nothing installed but Volkov Commander, SIO2PC, and all those tiny XL/XE tools.

Hi folks, just started a thread to try and finda DOS file cataloguing utility, ie scan disks, those with DOS files like BAS DAT or other Extensions get listed to a big list so I can find some stuff as otherwise unless you do them one at a time its all quite hidden.

Anyway, Rdea's suggest ATRtools and I tried scanning ATR's by the Tools option but it starts and then after a sec crashes, I tried 26F and 27f and both do it..

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Paul, I'll look into it...

I couldn't find a copy of Missing Links that ran on an XL.

So using ATR Tools, I modified "M-ss-ng L-nks (1984)(Human Engineered Software)(US)[bASIC][OS-B][cr CSS]" to work with all Atari OS's.

I moved the hidden directory to where it should be and modified the Basic program that jumped illegally into the OS-B. It took awhile since I'm very rusty with Basic.

I then added Basic to the disk so it will work with Multi-Carts on the 800.

Boot up the "ALL Atari's" program without Basic installed.

M-ss-ng L-nks (1984)(Human Engineered Software)(US)BASICOS-Bcr CSS.atr

M-ss-ng L-nks (1983)(Human Engineered Software) ALL Atari's.atr

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is an amazing piece of software, it takes up where 'makeATR' leaves off and runs another half mile or so! It is absolutely invaluable for putting together disks for for flashing SDX and U1MB/SIDE2/other hardware mods.

Many, many thanks for continuing to support it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...