IGNORED

Trashmania: Remix (Now with beginner's guide!)

Animan

Trashmania: Remix Cart release  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Trashmania: Remix is released on cartridge, would you be willing to buy it?

• Yes
    • No (if you want, you can explain why in the topic)
    • Maybe

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yes, the difficulty switches are already used to toggle certain game elements. One thing I am trying to do now is balance the difficulty better.

That is, unless you all think the difficulty ramps up nicely. What are your thoughts?

Cars (or potholes) in the way as you try to cross the screen/street?

I'm working on using playfield blocks that move across the screen in a Frogger sort of fashion.

Make the destination look like a trash truck?

Can't. Technical Limitation.

If you take too long to deliver the trash at the destination some starts falling out and would need to be picked up (or points are lost)?

Hmm... neat idea.

Sea gull attacks?

I'll consider it :) .

Ok, somewhat-major update!

-Title screen is (sort of) interactive! Move the joystick around to move the "Trashmania" logo.

-No more roadblocks! They have been replaced with the human-sized, sentient glowsticks! They move around in a Frogger kind of fashion, and they push you when you come in to contact with them. Be careful, as this can push you towards the enemy! However, with practice, you can use them to move faster around the level.

(Note: That was very tricky to program with no free variables. But, I was able to pull it off with only the 4 playfield variables that are used to display the glowsticks, and the enemy's speed variable. I used the "asl" and "lsr" commands in assembly. I'm impressed with how it turned out :) )

-When you advance to the next level, instead of the screen flashing, the houses "tear" apart. It's a neat effect that also uses assembly.

-Datacomb Logo at the beginning (Datacomb is a fictional company name I've used in my previous Flash games. This is the first 2600 game of mine to use it).

-Minor changes to Game Over screen.

-Points slowly deduct if you take too long to go to the dumpster.

-Plenty of code cleanup. I still have 1.6K left!

Enjoy! And, please, leave feedback!

default.bas.bin

Edited by Animan

Ok, new update!

-In-game Music! Use the right difficulty switch to toggle between Sound Effects or Music.

-In-game Music is a short ditty I threw together. It speeds up as you advance to each level.

-Difficulty switches have different roles. Right switch toggles sound (as mentioned earlier), and Left switch toggles degrading score.

EDIT: Here's a minor change. Turns out the in-game music was screwing with my scanline count. That is now fixed.

Enjoy! And, as always, please leave feedback!

default.bas.bin

Edited by Animan