IGNORED

SDrive Micro for 8-bit Atari

santosp

@Sub(Function( :))

Just for your info if you want to wait, I think to redesign the pcb as to make an internal version. Especially in 65 or 130XE will go to the upper right side to the free spot after the diagonal lines. SDcart slot may be placed above the joysticks just before the end of top cover. The only thing that prevents me is that not everyone has the skills and tools to cut and drill. This may result not sell at all.

Got mine yesterday. It is indeed a nicely made unit! Unfortunately I seem to be too dense to get it to work. I uncompressed the RAR and copied the files to the SD card (which is a FAT-16 formatted 2GB plain vanilla SD card), making sure the config file was in the root. I put the SD card in the SDrive, hooked the SDrive to my Atari, and turned the Atari on. The SDrive's green light flickers, and then the Atari boots up as though it has no drives attached (only the SDrive is attached to the SIO port -- no other drives or devices). :-/

Hi Ransom. Do you have any other Atari yours or some friend to check the device?

Also try this. With device connected power on your Atari, let it load Basic and after push the SDcard to lock. Do you see all the 4 yellow leds to lit?

If all 4 leds lit, can you change between them with 2 middle buttons?

After if you press the right edge button, green led lit instantly and after all 4 yellow leds lit again?

Edited by santosp

I tried it on two different computers. No joy.

I tried with the RAR as-is. I tried with the files uncompressed and on the SD card as files and folders.

I must be missing some step. The SD card is formatted Fat16. I'm putting that in the SDrive, hooking the SDrive to my 1200XL, and turning on the power.

Is there some other step?

I'll put BASIC in and try what you said.

When I connect the SDrive without an SD card in it, and load basic, the green light stays on.

When I then put the SD card in, the green light flashes on then off, but no other LEDs come on.

No, I dont mean to put a Basic Cartridge in, I mean with SDrive connected but without SDcard, let it load the main blue screen -this is in Basic mode- and after you will insert SDcard. What you see?

Except 1200, what other machine you try it?

As I don't know what's in the rar file, try this: before trying to put all of the content onto your sd card, start with a freshly formatted (fat 16), empty sd card, then copy onto it the sdrive.atr file (this file must be on the card and at the root, I am guessing it is in the rar file - if not, there is a copy at http://nuxx.net/wiki/SDrive_NUXX#SD_Card) and then try copying over a single atr file (your choice) onto the card - insert sd card into sdrive unit, attach the sdrive to the Atari, boot the Atari. What kind of results do you get? This should let you be able to find out if it at least works.

Aha! I found the SDrive PDF, and from that was able to deduce that it wasn't finding a valid FAT16 partition. Even tho the SD card showed as Fat16. So I reformatted it and recopied the files. Now it works! Huzzah!

Thanks for the help. :)

You mean that.

If the green LED stays on after card insertion the system is repeatedly unable to initialize it.

If the green LED goes out and none of the yellow LEDs lights up after a card is inserted no FAT16 filesystem was found.

Yes, exactly! That's what it was doing -- Green LED went out and none of the yellow LEDs lit up. Now all is fine though. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...