IGNORED

Best retro titles for the Wii?

tremoloman2006

The Wii is my most modern console. I just ordered a PS1/PS2 controller adapter for it, so I thought I'd bump this thread just in case any good retro titles appeared in the last couple of years.

Dragon's Lair Trilogy arrived yesterday, and it's fun to play it with my son. Probably less fun if you're looking for deep gameplay, obviously. Looks great, though, and $20 is fair.

There have been zero Wii games the last few years (worth mentioning).

Dragon's Lair is pretty cool...another one I've always liked is Blast Works.

Data East collection and the Metal Slug Trilogy might be a good pick up too but these games can be rather hard for a kid.

Two years, and nobody yet has mentioned Wario Land: The Shake Dimension. It's a fantastic 2D platformer with retro-style gameplay and beautifully drawn visuals from Production I.G.

And if you're after another retro port for the Wii, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features LucasArts' Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis as an unlockable extra (and can probably be found cheap enough to be worth buying for that alone).