IGNORED

A fuzzy memmory....

BeerGnome

I recal back to my youth, walking through the video game section of the Toy's R Us and they had this thing....

It was essentially a full size arcade cabinet. thing was, it had space to shove a television set into it, and under the control console was a space to store a NES.

the built in controls were a arcade style NES controler with all the Proper real arcade buttons and controllers.

Has anyone else ever heard of these cabinets.. and if so.. would you not agree that this type of item would make a great base for a MAME machine?

I recal back to my youth, walking through the video game section of the Toy's R Us and they had this thing....

It was essentially a full size arcade cabinet. thing was, it had space to shove a television set into it, and under the control console was a space to store a NES.

the built in controls were a arcade style NES controler with all the Proper real arcade buttons and controllers.

Has anyone else ever heard of these cabinets.. and if so.. would you not agree that this type of item would make a great base for a MAME machine?

You mean like these?

http://www.hanaho.com/products/ArcadePC/

Hey, I remember those things. I couldn't have been more than 3 years old at the time, but I seem to remember the empty cabinet selling for $99. I might be a bit off on that, though.

If you could still find one, it would make a good starting point for a MAME machine. It would probably be easier to find a gutted or non-working game for $50 like I did. The only tougher part is mounting a monitor, but a good sized board nailed into place is keeping the iMac secured in my Locomotion cabinet.