IGNORED

HSC Round 4.19: 4 Pack

I woke up this morning with some war action on my mind. One of my favorite shooters of all time: 1943.

1943 --- 2,116,050

post-29539-0-49714300-1327416593_thumb.jpg

I died at the end of the 15th board. Man, does it ever get crazy hard on the last two boards of the game!!

Some tips I can share:

1. Make good use of your lightning powers when battling the tank ships. Sometimes it gets so hairy you have no choice. The idea is to use the couple of seconds the lightning power gives you to wipe out as many guns from the boat as possible. Make every effort to get 100% destruction as that awards you 50,000 pts. When you make it to the third level with the huge enemy plane, don't get discouraged if you don't get 100% destruction. You can only get a maximum of 90%.

2. Like a lot of other Capcom games, there are hidden gems all over the place. I would be here forever naming them all, so the next time you play always be on the lookout for these little gems. They come in the forms of cows, stars, barrels, strawberries, and christmas trees.

3. When you blow up a tank ship at the end of a board, it will spit up four large pieces of shrapnel. Each piece of shrapnel you blast out of the sky nets you 10,000 big ones.

4. If you shoot one of those "POW" things long enough, it will turn into a big tank of gas. I recommend you only try this when the background is moving slowly (after flying down to the level of the boats).

5. There are four different special weapons to choose from: SHOTGUN, 3 WAY, MACHINE GUN and SHELL. Their special traits:

SHOT GUN ------ Takes out enemy bullets

3 WAY ------------ Covers a wide area

MACHINE GUN-- Shoots roughly 12 rounds a second.

SHELL ------------ Auto fire; hold the button down for continuous fire.

6. Try your best NOT to collide with medium or large sized planes as they will take a big chunk of gas away from your reservoir.

Just looked it up. Pat, you must have inadvertently entered the "red zone" warp code in the breakout game. The code is 23. It brings you to level 4 and awards you 250k bonus. Nicely done!

Cool!

I'm sure that if I try to do it now I will probably never be able to do it :)

Everytime something good happen to me it's pure luck!

I woke up this morning with some war action on my mind. One of my favorite shooters of all time: 1943.

1943 --- 2,116,050

post-29539-0-49714300-1327416593_thumb.jpg

I died at the end of the 15th board. Man, does it ever get crazy hard on the last two boards of the game!!

Some tips I can share:

1. Make good use of your lightning powers when battling the tank ships. Sometimes it gets so hairy you have no choice. The idea is to use the couple of seconds the lightning power gives you to wipe out as many guns from the boat as possible. Make every effort to get 100% destruction as that awards you 50,000 pts. When you make it to the third level with the huge enemy plane, don't get discouraged if you don't get 100% destruction. You can only get a maximum of 90%.

2. Like a lot of other Capcom games, there are hidden gems all over the place. I would be here forever naming them all, so the next time you play always be on the lookout for these little gems. They come in the forms of cows, stars, barrels, strawberries, and christmas trees.

3. When you blow up a tank ship at the end of a board, it will spit up four large pieces of shrapnel. Each piece of shrapnel you blast out of the sky nets you 10,000 big ones.

4. If you shoot one of those "POW" things long enough, it will turn into a big tank of gas. I recommend you only try this when the background is moving slowly (after flying down to the level of the boats).

5. There are four different special weapons to choose from: SHOTGUN, 3 WAY, MACHINE GUN and SHELL. Their special traits:

SHOT GUN ------ Takes out enemy bullets

3 WAY ------------ Covers a wide area

MACHINE GUN-- Shoots roughly 12 rounds a second.

SHELL ------------ Auto fire; hold the button down for continuous fire.

6. Try your best NOT to collide with medium or large sized planes as they will take a big chunk of gas away from your reservoir.

That's 1943 101 right there. I noticed you didn't even make mention of the loop-the-loop trick you can do by pressing the buttons together. Personally, I don't see how it is of any use at all, and I'm thinking you don't either if you didn't mention it.

[That's 1943 101 right there. I noticed you didn't even make mention of the loop-the-loop trick you can do by pressing the buttons together. Personally, I don't see how it is of any use at all, and I'm thinking you don't either if you didn't mention it.

It's basically a way to get out of a tight spot, but I never found myself using it either.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this HSC rmaerz!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:

Another nomination for bigbee99 :)

Albert never got back to me... Who knows what's going to happen.

B

I sent Al a PM about the Lynx HSC about a month ago.

I haven't heard back from him either. :(

THe same thing happen when the Colecovision and intellivision HSC moderators changed.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this HSC rmaerz!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool:

Another nomination for bigbee99 :)

Albert never got back to me... Who knows what's going to happen.

B

I sent Al a PM about the Lynx HSC about a month ago.

I haven't heard back from him either. :(

THe same thing happen when the Colecovision and intellivision HSC moderators changed.

Yeah, i guess we just have to wait.

Canyon Bomber

Fire Truck

Major Havoc (wasn't sure if we could use warps or not, so here's with and without warps)

720,700 w/ warp

67,819 w/o warp

Cool looking cab!

majorhavoc.jpg

I feel like the cab for this looks sort of like the Major Havoc cab.

http://flyers.arcade...ga/16025

402.jpg

You're right!

Never seen that game.

Yeah, it's a pretty recent game. I always see it whenever I go to the local billiards hall.

post-28043-0-02277600-1327791272_thumb.png

post-28043-0-37216300-1327791325_thumb.png

post-28043-0-19277700-1327791379_thumb.png

post-28043-0-74030500-1327791414_thumb.png

post-28043-0-85178900-1327791492_thumb.png

Final "4 Pack" Totals

34 M.A.M.E Offender

24 kane

23 Mr.Toast

15 cynicaster

12 bigbee99

11 patbb

7 acelkin

Next Game is Up with the season's standings updated. M.A.M.E Offender is still pulling away!

For the next event, if I'm still running this, I'll have a nice chart to show the break down. Right now I am just trying to keep the HSC in a forward motion.

B