IGNORED

Anyone using 'My Xbox Live' iOS app?

Metal Ghost

Yea, I figured his one out: I didn't have it on mute, but I did have the ringer turned off via the physical switch on the side. So even though I was adjusting the volume up, it wasn't working :) . But yea, in any case I'm digging the app. I'm thinking that I'd be liking the companion app on WP7 a lot better , but I'll take what I can get!

Well, I believe MS Office has been released for Apple computers for years....so not too much of a stretch here.

Yes, and Internet Explorer has been released for the Macintosh before as well. This seems particularly ironic, however, given how Microsoft's attitude has usually been that they're throwing bones to the Apple crowd, and now they're the ones begging for the bones, since they can't get their own smart phone OS off the ground.

Playing with it now on the ipad.. seems ok. It's pretty much just like logging onto www.xbox.com on any browser though. Although to be fair it does seem a little more convenient/faster.

yea, I think that's the main advantage: simply being able to hit the app button, it's maybe a bit faster, nice interface, etc. Not so much that it's something you couldn't previously get inside of a browser.

I like the Microsoft apps on iPhone. I still want to get me a Lumia 900 if i can swing it at some point, but right now I'm enjoying my iPhone.

Playing with it now on the ipad.. seems ok. It's pretty much just like logging onto www.xbox.com on any browser though. Although to be fair it does seem a little more convenient/faster.

yea, I think that's the main advantage: simply being able to hit the app button, it's maybe a bit faster, nice interface, etc. Not so much that it's something you couldn't previously get inside of a browser.

I like the Microsoft apps on iPhone. I still want to get me a Lumia 900 if i can swing it at some point, but right now I'm enjoying my iPhone.

The Lumia 900 is mighty sexy... But it's AT&T only and I need a Verizon phone. Until Microsoft swings some sweet deal for Verizon, Windows Phone will not be pushed by them. Now, Nokia has the technical ability to push out new phones fast so I suspect they'll release a Verizon version which may be enough for me to jump into the world of smartphones. It's not the cost of the phone that's holding me back (because you can get them for free with contract), but it's the sticker shock of $30/month for a data plan. I really have no need for data on the move. I don't even check my email on my feature phone because when I'm away, I want to relax. If they're sending me something via email, they have to assume that I won't respond right away. And with the bandwidth and data caps (which should be far more generous for such an expensive price) the way they are, you really are getting a luxury item with smartphones.