IGNORED

CV Tracker - Music composer - Early Dev Demo

RKGames

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I spent 6+ hours this weekend on CV Tracker! Fixing lots of little bugs and making it more stable for it's beta release. By next weekend for sure, good or bad, there will be a beta available to all who want it!!!!! I will also likely release a few short youtube tutorials on the key functions so everyone can jump in and know what the heck i was thinking when i coded this app. Thanks for all who have been waiting for this, but you will have your chance to play by next weekend :)

Take care,

Russ

• Like 1

SO DARN CLOSE!!!! I'm really close to releasing a CV Tracker beta and found a few little things i need to add into CV Tracker for a nice stable build! I spent the last 2 nights looking/tracing an annoying bug, but finally just got it fixed just minutes ago! Got 1 bug left and it's beta time! I truly worked hard to get it out this weekend, but will likely have to wait till late this upcoming week or next weekend to release the beta. Soon, really i mean it!!!!

Most notably, i got unique instrument volume effects working that can not be assigned to any of the notes on any sound channel! No more hand coding volume sweeps and effects by hand one note at a time, just create the volume instrument and assign it to the note or channel and done. you can instantly change how a whole song sounds with just a few clicks.

Russ

OK, the moment some of you have been waiting for! CV Tracker Beta v1.20b is NOW AVAILABLE!!! visit my website at http://skyrank.com/c.../cvtracker.html

Keep in mind this is an incomplete beta, but will allow you to compose, load,save and playback! so it does have enough in there to actually create some nice music! There are lots of things i need to add, but i wanted to share this version so get some people started composing!

Windows XP and Windows 7 only. Sorry, but please dont ask for mac / linux versions as i'm not sure if i'll get around to them. This has already taken half a year to code in my spare time and i need to get back to game coding soon! I can not wait to hear what some of you will create with this.

PLEASE post your .CVT song files on here or message me them to share your creations!

Colecovision data format export is NOT available yet, this is the next big part to tackle! you can load and save to the .CVT format with no problems, so you will not loose your work!

I'm hoping to post a few youTube video training tutorials in the next few nights to help show how the functions work! if you load the included demo songs and play around with them, it should start to give you a feel for how the tools work!

Take care and enjoy!

Russ

• Like 4

Finally!! I will be able to compose some music for CV !!!! :D

Thank you SO MUCH!!!

This will be very usefull for the whole community!

Thanks! I cant wait to hear some of the music created by you and the others on here! Please read the "Keep in mind" section on my site for things that are missing in this version. Play the demo songs first and it will show this is already a nice composer to play with :)

Video tutorials will be coming in a few days!

Take care,

Russ

Russ, I got this problem during the installation. I Installed SlimDX then I ran setup.exe of the CV Tracker but this message appeared

(I translate it)

"Can not download the application. Missing files needed for the application. Please contact the application provider for assistance"

Please help! I am using Windows XP

Thanks! I am very excited about the fact that finally I'll be able to make music truly in a Coleco Vision

Love

Pavlov

CVTrackerInstal.gif

Tested on 2 pc ...... Guess what? ..... Doesn't work :(

Installed but when I run it it gave me errors...... Report to micro$oft ....bla bla bla............

Thanks for the info. I just installed on another XP machine and it's not working. It installed just fine on my win 7 desktop and my wifes xp laptop! weird stuff. I'll be researching tonight for sure!!!!!! typical windows, cant guarantee it will install on all machines, that's frustrating!

Russ

OK, the moment some of you have been waiting for! CV Tracker Beta v1.20b is NOW AVAILABLE!!! visit my website at http://skyrank.com/c.../cvtracker.html

Zone Alarm is flagging that download file as malicious.

Dude, that is awesome!!! actually is sucks! thanks for the info. I can assure you there is NO malicious code in there!!!!

Russ

I should have mentioned that I tested on 2 XP pc

I did find one mistake in my install instructions! you must download the SlimDX Developer SDK. it's on the same page as the link on my site points to, but instead of clicking on the first orange "Get the Latest Release" you must click on the second one to get the SDK version. install with all default settings! BUT FIRST, UNINSTALL THE FIRST VERSION OF SLIMDX!!! just use remove programs from the windows control panel.

let me know how that goes!

I was successful in uninstalling and reinstalling from ONLY the files on my site with no issues! I'm going to try on my win xp machine again

Russ

Russ

Russ, I got this problem during the installation. I Installed SlimDX then I ran setup.exe of the CV Tracker but this message appeared

(I translate it)

"Can not download the application. Missing files needed for the application. Please contact the application provider for assistance"

Please help! I am using Windows XP

Thanks! I am very excited about the fact that finally I'll be able to make music truly in a Coleco Vision

Love

Pavlov

CVTrackerInstal.gif

Pavlov,

I made a mistake and said you need to download the wrong version of slimDX. I just a few hours ago updated my website to say you need to click on the second orange "Get the latest release" button on the slimDX site. you need to download the developers SDK version of slimDX on that same page. Let me know if that works for you!

I'm running into issues with installing CV Tracker on my winXP PC for some reason! I've been researching all night. Works great on my two Windows 7 PC's!

Take care

Russ

If anyone has luck with a working install of CV Tracker on windows XP let me know! follow the revised install instructions on my site

http://skyrank.com/cvtracker/cvtracker.html

Sorry for all the inconvenience on this everyone! Also if anyone has a successful win7 install let me know as well! I have it running just fine on 2 win7 PC's and had it running just fine on my XP pc until i uninstalled and reinstalled direct X.

It's a beta :)

Russ

Now I get this,,, :(

Some installation files are corrupt

Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation

All that should be wrong is i had you download the wrong version of SlimDX. just make sure you download the SlimDX Developerd SDK installer on the page listed in the install instructions on my site and hopefully that should get things working. I wish i could sound more sure about it, but seeing that i'm now struggling to get a working install on winXP i'll need help from testers out there! please anyone with a workinf winXP install of cv tracker let me know!

CV Tracker on Windows 7 does install and run just fine!

Take care

Russ

All that should be wrong is i had you download the wrong version of SlimDX. just make sure you download the SlimDX Developerd SDK installer on the page listed in the install instructions on my site and hopefully that should get things working. I wish i could sound more sure about it, but seeing that i'm now struggling to get a working install on winXP i'll need help from testers out there! please anyone with a workinf winXP install of cv tracker let me know!

Take care

Russ

I get this when I run the installer of SlimDx SDK

Take care

Russ

JF I dont see the error you got. looks like you didnt paste or attach the error.

Make sure you uninstall slimDX first.

Russ

Take care

Russ

JF I dont see the error you got. looks like you didnt paste or attach the error.

Make sure you uninstall slimDX first.

Russ

Ok...got all uninstalled , then I download the SDK version ........... But apparently I got the very same windows error when I run CVtracker

Damn...........