IGNORED

In case there was any doubt....

moycon

Very Nice, Moycon!

But I'm a little surprised that I don't see either the Halo 3 or Halo Reach consoles in your collection, especially as I thought you enjoyed Halo.

I have the Halo 3 console as a back-up and was VERY tempted to buy the Reach console upon release for use as my main console because I thought it pretty sharp looking. But I passed on the purchase and now regret it. I jumped for that NewEgg GoW3 console you posted about about in the "Deals" thread but it was "Out of Stock" when I added it to my cart. Sigh.......

Question: the PS3 MW3 console... there really isn't anything special about the console itself, is there? I was under the impression that the bundle was just a standard PS3 with the game and a special outer box.

Mendon

• Like 1

I have the Halo 3 console as a back-up

Question: the PS3 MW3 console... there really isn't anything special about the console itself, is there? I was under the impression that the bundle was just a standard PS3 with the game and a special outer box.

Mendon

I have almost purchased the Halo 3 console several times. I love the look of it. Some of the later LE 360's were a bit on the lame side. The FFXIII one for instance is just plain white. The only thing that distiguishes it as an LE is some etching on top of the HDD. There was a faceplate that initially came with it that later was selling for $49.99 on Amazon (That wasn't a 3rd party price, that was the retail price and they still have them listed on there at that price!!) I wound up snagging one off eBay for like $10, but even with the face plate, I considered it kind of "blah" LE, The first LE's with the different colors and paint jobs, much cooler.

You're right, there is nothing special about the PS3 console. Sony release many of these bundles, and they just include different box art (which I think it just wrapped a round a standard box) and they throw in a game and sometimes cables, extra controller, etc...

This weekend I'm going to try and get a pic of all my LE games and post in that thread you started last year on Limited Edition! Watch for it!

• 2 months later...

Since this thread is about Limited Edition Xbox360's, how about a report and pic from Cimerians and his new Star War's LE console?????

Mendon

Well, I'm not him but I got it. Sounds are louder than the Reach Xbox sounds, the finish is frickin awesome! Very quiet too when on and the lights are blue. The 3po controller is perfect but packed away now. The blue, green, red chrome ones are released next month so I am going to pick up a blue chrome one for this 360 so I don't use the 3po one. Cimerians will give a better review because I suck, but even so, the SW Edition is the coolest.

• Like 1

It is a mighty sexy case. Too bad I already have a pair of 360 systems and will spend no more money toward consoles until the next gen... I did enter the "what do you do on Xbox Live?" contest so hopefully I win the Star Wars console. :-D

videos to make me salivate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZJC8fWKSkQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJfEKB5YAmU&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQXgJegdgE&feature=player_embedded

And I love the white Kinect as well. Having another Kinect would make it so I don't have to move the Kinect around and between the 2 consoles (considering the time it takes to really make the video/audio calibration and Kinect ID features really rock solid).

• Like 1

Since this thread is about Limited Edition Xbox360's, how about a report and pic from Cimerians and his new Star War's LE console?????

Mendon

Damn my camera broke just a few weeks ago. :(

I think I'll borrow one this weekend. Of course my first thought was to leave it in the box cause crazed Star Wars fans may pay big money down the road but I'm not one to keep things boxed. I play my toys cause life is short!

Anyway...its pretty damn sweet. The power button is like R2's blue "eye" and when you hit the eject button the classic R2 chirp is heard. The controller is really cool looking when you see it for real. The gold gloss kind of makes it feel slick but not slippery.

By the way...nice collection for Moycon. I still covet that red Resident Evil edition. :P

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the reviews of the Star War's LE; much appreciated!!

I'd really, really really like to buy one... and there seems to be an ample supply as I see them at almost every store I go in...... but I find it extremely difficult to justify spending $450 on another console. Plus I fear the wife!!!

Mendon

but I find it extremely difficult to justify spending $450 on another console.

I got my Gears of War 360 for like $275 off New Egg. If you hold off, often these Limited Editions get a big discount in the future.

• 9 months later...

Would anyone seriously order a Collectors Edition 360 this late in the consoles life, knowing full well a new console will be released next year, if not later this year!?

Your Amazon.com order of "Xbox 360 Limited Edition..." has shipped!Friday, February 22, 2013 8:04 PM

:ponder:

Any guesses what model it is?

Holy crap you picked up another one this late?? lol....

I'm the same way that's why I got the Star Wars one. Did you get the Star Wars one?

I thought I saw a Hitman model but I think its not real. I also saw a Tomb Raider controller but not a console. I have 4 faceplates and two special edition Xbox 360's along with an original white Xbox from the first year.

Not much but I think I'm done. :P

• Like 1

Speaking of faceplates!! I actually have a few more, but I ran out of room on the display plaque I made!

Fotus armor, here I come!! I've always imagine myself a unicorn. Halo 4 Limited Edition 360 brings that dream a little closer.

But yeah, it took like 3 days, and $50 off the price, and the selling of an older plain jane 20GB Slim to convince myself to get this.

Besides...it's my birthday next month!

post-544-0-47931800-1361642618_thumb.jpg

post-544-0-13527700-1361642686_thumb.jpg