IGNORED

Pascal on the 99/4A

apersson850

EDIT: Actually it looks like QMC2 did not like the zip files... Rpk worked just fine.

In that case it likely did not find them. Please try this: Copy the zip files into the MESS roms folder, then find the tab "Software list" on the right side (3rd from the right end). You can search for cartridges as well as save your favorites.

As I said, you can of course also stay with the RPKs. As long as I'm involved in some way, the RPKs will stay.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There was a tool to do this in the USUS library, IIRC. I don't remember if it had been ported to the TI though, although, as it was in Pascal, that shouldn't require much. IIRC, it took all of the files in a UCSD disk and exported them individually to native file format. I think it was used to create the extracts of the UCSD disks in the archives of the USUS stuff online. Note that you may have to be in the p-System to perform the extracts. . .

Yep.. anything that uses KSCAN will work with paste. The only gotcha I found in the Pascal editor was that it preserves indentation, so the code I was pasting couldn't ALSO have indentation, or it would just keep drifting right. ;)

I actually found a solution to this problem. If I use spaces and not tabs in Notepad++ then turn off auto-indentation in UCSD Pascal, then the pasted code formats properly! Not sure why tabs don't work but that's a relatively minor issue. I may be able to use Notepad++ after all :)

• Like 1

I actually found a solution to this problem. If I use spaces and not tabs in Notepad++ then turn off auto-indentation in UCSD Pascal, then the pasted code formats properly! Not sure why tabs don't work but that's a relatively minor issue. I may be able to use Notepad++ after all :)

Ah, cool stuff. Makes sense, though, there's no analog to 'tab' on the TI keyboard, so my PS/2 keyboard maps it to FCTN-5 (page in E/A)... but it doesn't map at all in the paste code in Classic99.

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying to print a source file from the UCSD Pascal environment to my parallel printer, only to find out that UCSD Pascal has no built in facility for a parallel output! The only available devices are PRINTER: which is a 9600 baud input/output device, and REMIN: / REMOUT: for input/output respectively at 300 baud.

The way around that issue was to use a serial data logger on my laptop to capture the serial output and save it to a text file for later printing. While this works, it's obviously quite cumbersome as compared to just printing straight to the attached parallel printer.

Does anybody know of a way to use the PIO port in UCSD Pascal?

That site is missing a lot of data on USUS. I've told the owner several times that I was a USUS member--and pointed him to the archive of USUS newsletters on WHT, but he's never updated the site to reflect that data. There's even a UCSD Pascal group on Yahoo! made up mostly of former USUS members. . .I pointed him there too.

I've got a nearly complete set of USUS newsletters, with just a couple of the earlier ones and one or two from the bitter end (around 1994/1995) missing.

That site is missing a lot of data on USUS. I've told the owner several times that I was a USUS member--and pointed him to the archive of USUS newsletters on WHT, but he's never updated the site to reflect that data. There's even a UCSD Pascal group on Yahoo! made up mostly of former USUS members. . .I pointed him there too.

I've got a nearly complete set of USUS newsletters, with just a couple of the earlier ones and one or two from the bitter end (around 1994/1995) missing.

I used to be on the Yahoo group but memory failed me. It looks like it is still there with the files that you added since I had last signed on to the UCSDPascal Yahoo group.

Edited by mdorman

No, these only consist of the compiler, filer and assembler disks. There is a fourth disk called Utilities which has various library building functions among other things.

Would this location have what you need? ftp://ftp.whtech.com/emulators/pc99/pcode_card_software/ The Disk 666b contains TI's P-Code utilities according to the text.

Edited by RickyDean

I was trying to print a source file from the UCSD Pascal environment to my parallel printer, only to find out that UCSD Pascal has no built in facility for a parallel output! The only available devices are PRINTER: which is a 9600 baud input/output device, and REMIN: / REMOUT: for input/output respectively at 300 baud.

The way around that issue was to use a serial data logger on my laptop to capture the serial output and save it to a text file for later printing. While this works, it's obviously quite cumbersome as compared to just printing straight to the attached parallel printer.

Does anybody know of a way to use the PIO port in UCSD Pascal?

wouldnt tiprint from fred kaal work great for this? serial cable + pc + printer