IGNORED

Newish PS3 Disclaimer

godslabrat

After I downloaded the last system update, I find that every time I start my PS3, I'm greeted with a warning to please read the sytem documentation or whatever. I'm not quite sure what purpose this serves other than to annoy me. Is there a way to disable this splash screen?

• Like 1

it is annoying but I click on the controller as soon as it pops up . As long as it doesnt change to popping up on every menu selection I do Im ok with it

Same. It's really no different than having that splash screen on the DS or Wii when it first starts up. It's not like you're sitting through 5 minutes of unskipable commercials when you start it up like some DVDs. :ponder:

• 6 months later...

Another reason why the option (to turn something as rudimentary, insulting, and useless off).... is so vastly necessary. Sony apparently has enlisted all forms of Political Correctness like so many other businesses today... in the hopes of appeasing the minority of nutjobs who aspire to warnings/instructions of said nature.

This, warning of similar wording, Publisher and Developer CGI intros that can't be skipped, Game Intros that can't be skipped... and most importantly of all... pale and incomplete option screens for the majority of the games we all know and love - are 'all' overstepping their boundaries contrary to what todays Gamers want... Gamers of past included as well!