IGNORED

PAL60 ROMS

davyK

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 9:30 PM, AW127 said:

Here in this entry

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/193459-pal60-roms/?do=findComment&comment=3201559

i had put together all of the PAL60 ROMS of the first 10 pages of the thread. Together they were 202 ROMs in this archive. Then you just need to browse the pages behind it.

"Sub Scan" and "Gas Hog" are already in the linked archive. "Polaris" not, so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------

And one thing more. A good PAL60 version of "Zaxxon" would be great too. There is one in this PAL60 ROM-archive, but this one runs faster, than the normal NTSC-version of "Zaxxon". Maybe one of the PAL60 ROM-creators can take a look at it?

I have a question

Many games have 'Supercharger' after their name. I know that the supercharger was an add on that expanded the capabilities of the console but some of the games labelled this way work fine on my light sixer and some do not. It seems all those labelled don't actually require a Supercharger, they just work, but some do not work properly... like my beloved Gas Hog (Gas Hog is glitchy on my six switch, it also glitches on Stella).

Can you explain this please? Are they all supposed to require the add on? Or should they all just work?

Edited by JetmanUK

18 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I have a question

Many games have 'Supercharger' after their name. I know that the supercharger was an add on that expanded the capabilities of the console but some of the games labelled this way work fine on my light sixer and some do not. It seems all those labelled don't actually require a Supercharger, they just work, but some do not work properly... like my beloved Gas Hog (Gas Hog is glitchy on my six switch, it also glitches on Stella).

Can you explain this please? Are they all supposed to require the add on? Or should they all just work?

2K and 4K games can be converted to a WAV file which allows them to be loaded into a Supercharger.  However, since they weren't written for a Supercharger many of them will access the Supercharger's hotspot addresses, such as 0x1FF8 for bankswitching, which can crash the game by changing the configuration of Supercharger memory the Atari sees.  Many games have been hacked to not access the hotspots, allowing them to be played on a Supercharger.

Not familiar with Gas Hog, though I do see that Stella detects a VSYNC issue for it, which can cause problems on some TVs, and the scanline count alternates between 261 and 262.

Screenshot2024-05-08at10_21_07AM.thumb.png.17bc9b98bb1b638093a6527ce430a7cb.png

Screenshot2024-05-08at10_19_53AM.thumb.png.fc72e69b7ccf644ab5fef91551ec2b36.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

2K and 4K games can be converted to a WAV file which allows them to be loaded into a Supercharger.  However, since they weren't written for a Supercharger many of them will access the Supercharger's hotspot addresses, such as 0x1FF8 for bankswitching, which can crash the game by changing the configuration of Supercharger memory the Atari sees.  Many games have been hacked to not access the hotspots, allowing them to be played on a Supercharger.

Not familiar with Gas Hog, though I do see that Stella detects a VSYNC issue for it, which can cause problems on some TVs, and the scanline count alternates between 261 and 262.

Screenshot2024-05-08at10_21_07AM.thumb.png.17bc9b98bb1b638093a6527ce430a7cb.png

Screenshot2024-05-08at10_19_53AM.thumb.png.fc72e69b7ccf644ab5fef91551ec2b36.png

Thanks for takgin the time to explain this to me. :)

Could something be done about PAL60 Gas Hog? Or is just not going to work on a modern TV?

20 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Thanks for takgin the time to explain this to me. :)

You're welcome!

20 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Could something be done about PAL60 Gas Hog? Or is just not going to work on a modern TV?

Probably - do you have a link for the PAL60 version of Gas Hog?  If so I can take a look like I did when I fixed Warlords.

There isn’t even a good/correct (normal) PAL version of Roc‘n Rope - the colors during gameplay are wrong/flickering. Yes, I know, it’s not the best game but I think it deserves a good PAL or maybe PAL60 version.

And I’m looking for a PAL version of „Pursuit of the Pink Panther“ - there is just a working NTSC version (for the Harmony cartridge). 

59 minutes ago, Bomberman94 said:

There isn’t even a good/correct (normal) PAL version of Roc‘n Rope - the colors during gameplay are wrong/flickering. Yes, I know, it’s not the best game but I think it deserves a good PAL or maybe PAL60 version.

And I’m looking for a PAL version of „Pursuit of the Pink Panther“ - there is just a working NTSC version (for the Harmony cartridge). 

I agree, Roc n Rope PAL is one of the worst. I think the game is OK, quite different and fun when you get to grips with it's clunkiness. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 5:26 PM, SpiceWare said:

The PlusStore is automatically converting all uploaded new homebrews of 4K and below to the WAV format and adds them to a test folder in the music player to test with the SuperCharger.

There are currently more than 400 wav files in this test folder, but unfortunately there is not much testing feed back..

• Like 1