IGNORED

Capcom Digital Collection

Cybergoth

Why not bring back the 'ole Capcom Classics Collections, CAPCOM? Damnit! They can't be that hard to port.. :lol:

I'd love to see that continued, either with a third volume of arcade games or e.g. a complete NES anthology.

CAPCOM is on my shit list along with EA, Ubisoft and THQ. After the save restriction on the RE: Mercs, I immediately stopped giving them money. And I used to buy a lot of their stuff.

I agree that it's a good idea to not buy the Mercs game, but why would you want to miss out on Revelations?

Why not bring back the 'ole Capcom Classics Collections, CAPCOM? Damnit! They can't be that hard to port.. :lol:

I'd love to see that continued, either with a third volume of arcade games or e.g. a complete NES anthology.

CAPCOM is on my shit list along with EA, Ubisoft and THQ. After the save restriction on the RE: Mercs, I immediately stopped giving them money. And I used to buy a lot of their stuff.

I agree that it's a good idea to not buy the Mercs game, but why would you want to miss out on Revelations?

With as many games as there are out there, everyone has to "miss out" on something. The question would be if he cares enough about it. Personally I don't, so as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't be missing anything by playing something else I'm more interested in. For me it's the same as why I don't play Call of Duty and all the clones of it this generation despite them all being apparently massively popular. I have other games (both from this generation, and most definitely from before) that I'd much prefer to spend my time on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey! At least 360 owners can play Double Impact Offline!

:P

I haven't played much of it yet, but it seems that (except the Rocketmen DLC) everything runs straight from the disc.

As it should be....

I am also definitely looking at getting Capcom games on 360 first before I ever think about them on the PS3. Just dont trust them anymore.

I did get the Tekken 6 arcade stick for the 360 this past christmas so I'm all set.

Now that I think of it, they REALLY should have slapped Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 on this compilation. Those are games people are really going to want to preserve in physical format.

I suspect they're still selling halfway decently as downloads. I imagine that's also why Bionic Commando Rearmed isn't here and just the less well recieved sequel is included.

Now that I think of it, they REALLY should have slapped Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 on this compilation. Those are games people are really going to want to preserve in physical format.
I suspect they're still selling halfway decently as downloads. I imagine that's also why Bionic Commando Rearmed isn't here and just the less well recieved sequel is included.

Makes sense.

I suppose another possibility is if this package does well enough, they can slap another one together in the future.

Makes sense.

Indeed. On the package they're outright lying though, there it says "8 Hit Games" instead of "Our 8 least selling XBLA games" ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Meanwhile I bought a MadCatz Street Fighter IV Fightpad, so I can now seriously try getting some of the SSF2THDR achievements! Well, whom do I kid - I'm a total SF noob, I wonder already if I manage to just beat Arcade Mode once :lolblue:

I also wonder if the online achievements are still doable - I'd assume only very few people are still playing this in Europe. If the servers are still running that is :ponder:

I bought this for $15 at Amazon. I really like the package.

I'm still terrible at SSF2. It's weird, I can pull off moves during the training mode but it's harder in the game mode even though I think I'm doing the moves the same.

Probably Puzzle Fighter is getting the most play as I always liked this game. But they really copped out on the HD graphics. They labeled it HD Remix just like SSF2. But they only redid some of the graphics and left the middle graphics just blurred out rather than create new animations. Plus, they stretched it to fill 16:9 rather than spacing it out.

1943 has a new paint job but it's still crappy for a shmup.

And Commando 3 looks cool but is so pathetically boring. I actually fell asleep 30 minutes into the game (granted, it was 2AM). I have to check whether there was a difficulty setting because it was way too easy. I was running around haphazardly, not being focused and still didn't die much, if at all. And the cutscenes were silent!

1943 has a new paint job but it's still crappy for a shmup.

Them be fighting words! :mad: :D

1943 has always been one of my favorite shmup's, ever since playing the arcade as a kid. The remake on the XBox 360 is quite fun and I play it with friends on a regular basis.

I bought this for $15 at Amazon. I really like the package.

I had the most playtime with Final Fight so far, which is a very enjoyable couch-coop experience :)

1943 has always been one of my favorite shmup's, ever since playing the arcade as a kid.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought there's eventually a problem in the collection version, as it doesn't seem to record a save file. Or maybe I just did something wrong - I somehow got the same achievement notifications twice...

Regarding SSF2THDR, with some persistance and unlimited continues I made it up to Sagat (with Ryu) yesterday, but couldn't figure out a working stratgegy against him so far. But then I'm still learning all the moves :D

And Commando 3 looks cool but is so pathetically boring. I actually fell asleep 30 minutes into the game (granted, it was 2AM). I have to check whether there was a difficulty setting because it was way too easy. I was running around haphazardly, not being focused and still didn't die much, if at all. And the cutscenes were silent!

Guess I must just be bad at these types of games, but I've fired up Commando 3 two or three times over the years and don't think I've ever reached the end of it (Not that I've ever worked too hard at it, just haven't gotten around to putting much effort into it). I do believe it has at least one harder difficulty setting that might be more in tune with what you want out of it (Edit - Has achievements for finishing the game on Black Ops difficulty and Suicide Mission difficulty, so if it's too easy, that's easy enough to rectify).

I've spent even less time with them, but maybe Assault Heroes 1 & 2 might be more to your liking. They're the same type of game and were generally viewed as far better unofficial entries in the Commando series than Capcom's official effort was.

Edited by Atariboy

Guess I must just be bad at these types of games, but I've fired up Commando 3 two or three times over the years and don't think I've ever reached the end of it (Not that I've ever worked too hard at it, just haven't gotten around to putting much effort into it). I do believe it has at least one harder difficulty setting that might be more in tune with what you want out of it (Edit - Has achievements for finishing the game on Black Ops difficulty and Suicide Mission difficulty, so if it's too easy, that's easy enough to rectify).

I've spent even less time with them, but maybe Assault Heroes 1 & 2 might be more to your liking. They're the same type of game and were generally viewed as far better unofficial entries in the Commando series than Capcom's official effort was.

I appreciate the suggestions! :D