IGNORED

Capcom Digital Collection

Cybergoth

Uhmkay... I think I have the 5 *easy* offline achievements. The three remaining ones all sound impossible to me:

1. Beat Akuma

That one requires going through Arcade mode in 20 minutes without continues - I need about 20 continues just to make it halfway through...

2. Play 5 perfect rounds in row in Arcade mode.

I'm not sure if I've had 5 perfect rounds altogether so far :lol:

3. Make a combo of 7 hits or more

My best combo so far was 2 I think... :ponder:

Anyone have an idea how I should continue from here? :twisted:

you just have to play A LOT of SF. I grew up at the arcades and my friends were truly dedicated to SF2 and its descendants. A few of them could definitely pull off these achievements fairly easily. Unfortunately, the gazillion strategies in magazines back then (when gaming magazines were popular) were probably never put on the Internet as this was before the popularity of the Internet.

I need to catch up to you! Before, I always had the good excuse that the 360 D-pad was terrible. :P Then I eventually got an arcade joystick and I still royally suck. Now it's all a matter of practice and play (which would be easier if I was 12 again).

Uhmkay... I think I have the 5 *easy* offline achievements. The three remaining ones all sound impossible to me:

1. Beat Akuma

That one requires going through Arcade mode in 20 minutes without continues - I need about 20 continues just to make it halfway through...

3. Make a combo of 7 hits or more

My best combo so far was 2 I think... :ponder:

Anyone have an idea how I should continue from here? :twisted:

Appears to be some useful information here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/super-street-fighter-2-turbo-hd-remix/guide/#

Appears to be some useful information here.

http://www.xbox360ac...hd-remix/guide/#

Oh, so you can just execute the 7-combo in a fake 2-player match? :lol:

Silly me tried the whole evening doing it in Arcade mode. I figured out that when playing with Ryu against Guile you can load the super-meter quite fast (without dealing/receiving much damage) by spamming Hurricane Kicks. Then I always tried a jump-kick followed by a crouch-kick, finalizing with super-hadouken, yet it never registered as a combo I think. Either that, or Ryus super only counts as 3 hits, since the best combo I got was 5.

I saw the wiki, but thanks for the pointer to this one :)

I just spent a lot of time again with Ryu, but I couldn't even get a rather simple combo working that was described on the GameFaqs forums. In theory it would've been just a double punch followed by the super.

I also tried if Akumas super was an option, but it doesn't add to the combo count :lolblue:

What I'll be trying tomorrow is this one here, it looks quite doable:

What I'll be trying tomorrow is this one here, it looks quite doable

Yup, Dee Jay did the trick! :D

So I'm back to:

1. Beat Akuma

Hm... I don't want to surrender to the M.Bison method described on xbox360achievements.org straight away, but I think I should still try a better-than-ryu fighter for those. Maybe Sagat? At least he gave me the most trouble so far :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't find enough playtime to seriously focus on the missing SSF2THDR achievements during the last couple of days, so I just played through the game a couple of times. I beat it now with the original 8 characters, twice with Chun-Li to see all endings.

Surprisingly enough, the playthrough with Zangief was the most fun :D

Looking forward to complete it with the "New Challengers" next :)

I wonder if it makes sense to pay for a 3 month gold membership in order to play SS2THDR online. According to the games "Last Week" stats it's currently still played by some 380 people, but it doesn't tell if there's players available between 20:00 to 23:00 CET :?

I misinterpreted this achievements description. The requirement is not "5 perfect in a row", but "5 perfect in a game", which is not that hard - on easy :)

Meanwhile I cleared all offline achievements and the first online. Man do I suck against real people, my record so far is zero wins in forty games. I already got two 'wins' registered though, since two of my opponents quitted out of laggy games :lolblue:

LOL. man, some garbage players out there spewing this kind of junk. people who play fighters tend to be uber hardcore.

but hey, better than the arcade days where you lined up in your queue of stacked quarters to get beat while many people are watching you and getting taunted by the masses or the other gamer if you royally sucked.

and yes, playing people against AI is a lot harder. I still remember Tournament Cyberball. I knew all the AI's tendencies and would rack up insane scores. But against humans, it all went out the window. Still, it did help keep you somewhat sharp in-between your human matches.

• Like 1

Today I got two messages during online play: "you sucks" and "go back to modern warfare". Not very newbie friendly. After all it's not my fault, when the match-finder drags me into competiton with professional players...

Best thing to do in these circumstances is to mute them and give them negative feedback (Both to hopefully prevent being matched with them again in the future and just to feel like you're getting back at them somehow where their reputation is concerned).

Don't even give them the pleasure of replying since creeps like that usually take pleasure out of getting a reaction.

• Like 1

Best thing to do in these circumstances is to mute them and give them negative feedback (Both to hopefully prevent being matched with them again in the future and just to feel like you're getting back at them somehow where their reputation is concerned).

Phew... I just had a first look at the reputation thing and mine isn't looking too good. I have 66% good vs. 34% bad feedback. Kinda odd, since I'm just playing online for two days now. I don't have a headset and didn't write a single message to anyone, so apparently I'm collecting negatives just because of my weak playing skills.

That's exactly what mine is.

As best as I can tell, it resulted from a single person that was annoyed that I only played a single game of checkers with him and then left after the game concluded. Got a complaint about quitting early shortly afterwards and I hadn't played anything else online for months before when I went through my recently met player's list. A message went ignored so I returned the favor to him with something like unsporting conduct. ;)

Oddly though, it only shows an 80% beside that category for quiting early with all the other sections blank. Would seem like it it should have to add up to 100% since you can't give negative feedback and not specify a reason.

They're certainly not being fair to you. If you were a bit inexperienced with Street Fighter, they can select a category about the player's skill. That has the same matchmaking effect of supposedly making it less likely to be matched up with that person in the future while also not counting against the other player's reputation.

A negative since you haven't been spending hours per day for the last twenty years playing Street Fighter is idiotic. But idiocy is sadly a fact of life where online multiplayer is concerned.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

It seems there's way too few players still into the game, so you're bascically playing against those 1-2 people that are online at a time, regardless of skill. I got repeatedly trashed within seconds by several of the Top 10 ranked players so far and I only had a handful of matches against players in my league. So far I won 6 matches with Ryu, 1 with Ken and scored another 10 when the opponent quitted during the game.

I can see that it's no fun for a pro to play against me, but it is not much fun for me either. The most fun it is against players that are on the same level. But I understand that I'm very late for this game.

alright, don't quit on your games. rage quitting will definitely affect your reputation, especially if it appears you quit after the match had almost become decided. if you quit because you got disconnected due to your Internet, then the respectful thing is to apologize and thank them for the match. if you quit because you didn't have time to finish the match, then you should tell them something important came up or something.

I remember playing table tennis in Kinect Sports and the first match with some guy, he won a close one. We then started another match and the guy quit on me when I was one point away from winning and dominating the second match. I told my friends about it and all of them told me to go downrate him.

But yeah, with the old games, usually the ones still playing are the ones that really love the game and are really good at it. So you're already way behind them and need some catching up to do.

I remember joining some Halo 2 games a couple of weeks ago and getting slaughtered. Those still playing that game are really amazing. Plus, since it's not being regulated by Microsoft/Bungie anymore (via XBConnect), probably a lot of people are running exploits and cheats.

I had a pretty good time yesterday playing with E. Honda. I won 9/36 games and earned the "win 20 ranked online matches" achievement :)

What seems a bit unfair is that the won matches for 'remixed' and 'classic' aren't summed up, so the 16 wins I have for 'classic' so far were for nothing. Combined I'd have 42 ranked wins already.

I hope the remixed/classic thing doesn't matter for the "master of all classes" trophy, since I have won several matches with Ryu, Ken, Akuma and E. Honda already, but don't know if these were remixed or classic matches :ponder:

It seems there's way too few players still into the game, so you're bascically playing against those 1-2 people that are online at a time, regardless of skill. I got repeatedly trashed within seconds by several of the Top 10 ranked players so far and I only had a handful of matches against players in my league. So far I won 6 matches with Ryu, 1 with Ken and scored another 10 when the opponent quitted during the game.

I can see that it's no fun for a pro to play against me, but it is not much fun for me either. The most fun it is against players that are on the same level. But I understand that I'm very late for this game.

The moooost fun I've had with any fighting games online, eeeespecially MvC 2 on the PSN... is to block non stop, and only use weak strikes. Try jumping non stop, and blocking the entire match making the "pro" think he's soon to get a perfect... and then at the last second... hit him with a weak punch of kick.

:D I love doing that to people... they get sooo mad :P

(lol) The best is playing with a mic, and talking **** the whole match while doing ^... doesn't get any better. I love Multi Player!

The moooost fun I've had with any fighting games online, eeeespecially MvC 2 on the PSN... is to block non stop, and only use weak strikes. Try jumping non stop, and blocking the entire match making the "pro" think he's soon to get a perfect... and then at the last second... hit him with a weak punch of kick.

(lol) The best is playing with a mic, and talking **** the whole match while doing ^... doesn't get any better. I love Multi Player!

then you're not trying to win. you're just trolling the game...

then you're not trying to win. you're just trolling the game...

If upsetting my opponent is tantamount to winning, "for me"... then in my mind, I'm winning every match.

Sometimes, I'll just sit there in the corner, and some players will attempt to wait me out.... lol.... I've walked away from the system to take a leak before, came back, and someone has sent me a message about how I ruined 5 mins of their life, lol.... never gets old :thumbsup: