IGNORED

VGDB - Vectrex Game Database - relaunched at Vectrex Museum

pongmuseum

logo2.giflogo-VM.gif

Many of us have missed the VGDB - Vectrex Game Database since it disappeared more than six months ago. At the Vectrex Google Usergroup there was a long discussion of relaunching the website. Manu, the original founder sadly had no copy of the page but luckily there was a backup at webarchive.org. I got the permission by Manu to relaunch the page at vectrexmuseum.com

I host the page and usually a Museum preserves important data - so I thought about recovering the most missed Vectrex pages. Today the series starts with the relaunch of the updated Vectrex Game Database. Other lost pages will follow.

The problem with a webarchive backup is the strange data structure because the archive backups all new content of a page in a new folder. This results in hundreds of folders within folders and an increased MB size. The first backup was 250 MB in size (!), after reordering and -linking the content I could reduce it to 18 MB including ROMs, screenshots and manuals.

There has been an update to nearly every game entry, I list only the most important ones:

ROMs added for: Ronen´s Game Cart, Spike Goes Skiing, Animaction, Revector, Nebula, Astro Demo and others

Demo Videos for: Spike, Cosmic Chasm, Hyper Chase, Pole Position and the legendary "Scramble - How to beat Video Games"

Manuals for: Revector, Nebula, LOGO

Screenshots for: Spike Goes Skiing, Spike´s Circus, Thurst, Test cart, Astro Demo, LOGO and the legendary Android Graphics (animated)

Overlays various, i am looking for MESS / ParaJVE compatible Overlays for all games.

Thanks to Jeronen at www.vectrex.nl I add a collection of Overlays today, these are emulator compatible.

VGDB is now optimized for the view on mobile devices, you can now visit the page with your mobile phone or tablet-pc. A home icon and start screen for iPhones has been added.

VGDB submition form added to update and add new games. Programmers, please add missing games (only published ones) and check the data of your listed games. Please make any changes if needed. I tried to update the links as good as possible.

VGDB banner for your webpage and for games that have been listed in the database.

I invested four days in recovering the page and need a little rest - so I added a

Tell a friend function so you can easily spread the word about the new VGDB. Please help me by telling your five best Vectrex friends about the relaunched VGDB.

And now... the big moment we have been waiting for:

relaunch VGDB at http://www.vectrexmu...om/mirror/vgdb/

Have fun,

Oliver