IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2012 Round 2 California Games - BMX

roadrunner

Is Lynx BMX the best version of CG BMX ever made?

I say yes. What do you say?

I only played 2 versions of California Games the 2600 and Lynx.

How many versions are there?

Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Apple IIGS, Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, MSX, NES, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega Master System, ZX Spectrum, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network

WOW, that's alot of versions.

I'll have to try some out those out. :)

Is Lynx BMX the best version of CG BMX ever made?

I say yes. What do you say?

I only played 2 versions of California Games the 2600 and Lynx.

How many versions are there?

Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Apple IIGS, Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, MSX, NES, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Sega Master System, ZX Spectrum, Virtual Console, PlayStation Network

WOW, that's alot of versions.

I'll have to try some out those out. :)

Yeah, I'll have to try some of those out on emulation. Neat thing is a lot of them play very differently. For instance I've played C64 California games and though, yes, it's still California Games, it plays completely differently than Lynx. The Lynx version is much faster and more spectacular, if also much simpler in terms of design.

you made 214 without getting to the finish??

Yeah, you gotta keep doing those flips.

The toughest part for me is that big drop downhill. :(

It would be cool if someone made a map of this course.

I remember in the 2600 HSC a few years ago someone made a map for Skateboardin' :)

Yes would love to see someone make a map.

Billy, you should post a video or a guide. I've been playing this game like mad the last few days and the best I've done so far is 607. I have yet to do a forward flip. I understand it's possible, and I've seen a youtube video on it, but I can't figure out how to time it right to get it to work.

Your score is fantastic, needless to say. Nice job!

Dscf5826cropped.jpg

Not quite enough to top Billy, but it's the best I can do. I've definitely played more games for this month's competition than for any before. I'm sure I've played at least 300 games of BMX to get that stupid score, and it's still not enough for the all-time record. :(