IGNORED

USB Cable

dg67

Hi,

I want to store the newly-purchased Harmony Cartridge in my Atari collection together with a proper USB cable.

So, I took one of USB cables from my portable MP3 players I have.

I only tested by install Virtual Serial Drivers on my Windows XP and the Harmony Programming Tool. Programming Tools shows correctly the green light and the message to the bottom is OK.

Since I don't need to update a new firmware now, so I cannot do further tests, is the test I did enough to consider the cable suitable with Harmony?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm having a problem with my Harmony that wasn't really a problem until now.

I got the deluxe one. From the start, I could never get it to show up on my computer if I plugged a USB cable from the cartridge to my laptop. It made the sound it usually does when it detects something is connected, but nothing shows up. It doesn't say "Harmony Cart Not Found," there's just nothing. That was no problem because I could take out the SD card and insert it in a printer connected to my computer and it was able to read the card and I could add games.

Well, my printer stopped working so I threw it out and bought a new one. I didn't even consider this, but my new printer does not have a slot for an SD card. The only other device I have that accepts SD cards is a camera but, when I tried it, none of the files showed and when I tried adding a game, a box popped up saying the device did not read bin files.

Any ideas on what I can do?