IGNORED

The Top 5 Items In Your Collection

Xtincthed

I don't have much rare items... but I have some uncommon ones; and some I like because I think they are nice :

The first that come to my mind is certain my Nordmende Teleplay. It's an European version of the Fairchild Channel F, way more uncommon that the Saba Videoplay. And it's quite better looking :

44txqf523qh3232p0v754-nordmende_teleplay.jpg

Looks like a mix of "record eater" and tape player. Also unlike the Saba Videoplay, the sound come from the TV.

The second is probably my SMB3 Nes pack. Not only it's really a complete set, including the game, and even all the plastic bags inside; but more importantly, it's really the first retro thing I bought with and idea of collection in mind, rather that just an idea of playing games. It was back in 1999 I think, and at the time, really I had no idea people would collect video games, and really I would never though people would pay so much for this set years later.

gzlhs0n4p9wzgllxh5-dsc00662.jpg

The third is my Grundig Super Play Computer 4000.

1p2mxsi419uugx4728gya-dsc02221.jpg

This specific model of Interton VC 4000 was available only in Germany, and it got a very specific setting that made me bought it :

Instead of the usual RF output and power brick (which is on the Interton, a weird setting of AC 7,8 and 10,5V) it got a thick wire with a huge cart-like plug that was to put into a specific line of Grunding high-end sets. What make this system interesting is that the video out of this cart is nothing but RGB, SCART compatible RGB, and the system is modified to run on 12VDC.

So I modded it.

437e0wz3hhrwf6234pf4g-dsc02225.jpg

(testing picture, it is now refined, with the proper plug shell and a female DC in plug)

2h9el6147lm95vj2dkgs-dsc02226.jpg

Fourth one is my C7060 multicart. Nothing special, except having all the Videopac/Odyssey2 games, plus homebrews and test programs, is awesome.

Of course it's all better with a Videopac+ and the Voice! add-on.

kb9ev43btyrmm1wwg2yb-dsc02422.jpg

Last but not least...

It's something only a bit videogame related, but I still like it :

mg4cubjpzcblhovr47-dsc01183.jpg

My retro video center.

A multistandard TV made in Italy! somewhere around 1982 and 1984, compatible with SECAM L, PAL G and PAL I on RF, PAL and SECAM on composite, RVB compatible and 60 htz compatible (which mean I can play with an US or Japanese sytem on it with colours as long as it output RVB).

Below lies one of the first front loading VHS VCR, made around 1980 by Thomson. I have older VCR but they doesn't work, and more important, they are top loading ones, so I couldn't put this very early DVB-T set-top-box (2005, the very first test of digital TV in France) on it.

And below, a DVD player that I found being existing at least in 1999; knowing that DVD was introduced in Europe in 1998, it make it one early model.

I'm not sure I have five items, but let me try:

1) Atari 2600 system 6-switch light sixer. Most treasured piece of video game equipment I have

2) Boxed Atari 2600 games. All complete, in good shape, Reminds me of the "day" when they were new and shiny on the store shelves.

3) "All in one" game system from Namco with Pacman!

4) Gamecube system and games. This little system just rocks my world. And the whole "cube" shape is awesome. The only Nintendo product I own.

5) Gaming magazines. I have several older ones that I treasure, talking about the games that I used to play over and over again.

Since I've got no time to do a vid:

• Sealed North American Pier Solar 1st ed
  • Heckendorn consolized MVS system
  • sealed Gameboy Micros (2)
  • Virtual Boy rental unit
  • Blast Arena Advance, GBA

I suppose since this popped back up again I'll add my Visteon GBA unit:

p3230028.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

Let's see. I don't have a ton of mega rares or anything, but I am fond of what I have...

NES Fire N' Ice CIB

NES Duck Tales 2

Sunnyvale H6 Atari with original pads and paddles

N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day

My set of Lunar games on various platforms.

I'm sure I have more stuff, but this is what I thought of first.

I have got rid of sooo much cool stuff that I continue to regret (3 cuttle cart 2's for a start!) but what I still have is stuff I love.

1-Atari 800 NTSC with Incognito upgrade

2-Atari 7800 PAL RGB version (x2 :P )

3-Sega Saturn, mod chip etc etc

4-Boxed Atari Touch Me, the name alone makes me smile

5-My collection of Atari 7800 games by Pac Man Plus

1) My NES. It's mine, from when I was 5. It still has George Jetson stickers I put on it when I was 5 or 6. I will be buried with it.

2) Suikoden II - Good lord it is so valuable! But also an awesome game, Bought when it was new

3) King's Field PS1 - Only game I ever sold. Received for b-day a couple years ago. Good friends are cool.

4) Harmony Cart - It's my only flash cart but is absolutely one of my favorite things in my collection

5) Final Fantasy II (CIB) - I literally just bought this but it has jumped to the top of my list. Having a boxed SNES game brings back lots of memories of getting these things new. It will probably addict me to buying boxed games. I'm already thinking of rebuying all my RPGs to get them CiB (except Earthbound LOL)

I don't have anything to crazy or esoteric besides a few rare RPGs so all of this stuff I've listed is for sentimental reasons I think.

• Like 1

well, i was making a reply to this but i accidentally deleted it before i was done :(

let's try to see if I can remember what I said....

this list will be a hard one to make for sure...

but here it goes, i'll try...

This isn't necessarily a list of my most rare items or anything, but mainly my favorite ones...

you can always view my whole collection here: http://backloggery.com/Kulp

1) Space Invaders Virtual Collection for Virtual Boy (complete copy)

--so I paid $250 for this on ebay... it is the most I have ever spent on a single video game... a lot of money at the time, but I believe it is worth even more now, and I am very proud to say I own it.

2) Custer's Revenge for Atari 2600 (complete copy)

--I spent $75 for this at my favorite used video game store. My first "adult" video game purchase, and I'm very proud to say I own it.

even got a picture of myself buying it at the store, haha.

110bqs8.jpg

3) Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (complete for both Genesis and Master System)

--Very proud to have both of these games. I am particularly fond of Michael Jackson, and these video games are a perfect example of how awesome he was, not only as an amazing musician, but also a gamer. The man did the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and sadly, not many people know or acknowledge this fact.

4) Zero Wing (Mega Drive/ PAL genesis)

--very proud to have this game. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

that's all I need to say, lol. If you don't know, look it up.

5) my entire Castlevania series collection as a whole

--I take pride in the fact that I managed to collect all american-released Castlevania games. They may not all be complete, but I love them all and now every Castlevania game that comes out from now on, I have to own lol... what a horrible night to have a curse.

Soon I will be collecting the other-region versions as well.

Edited by Kulp
  • Like 2

[/size]

My favorite RPG series on the PS1. If I knew it would be so valuable I would have bought four copies back then.

Yeah, I love me some Suikoden. Shame we haven't had a new one in a long time. I never played that DS version but the whole alternate dimension thing kind of killed my interest. I loved the shared mythos and recurring characters in the main series.

Might be time to play through Suiko III again...

1. The issues of Electronic Games I still have from when I was a kid.

2. Power Lords CIB

3. My CommaVid games

4. My Tigervision games

5. My Imagic CIB collection

Is it cheating to list subsets of my collection as an item on this list?

• Like 1

Yeah, I love me some Suikoden. Shame we haven't had a new one in a long time. I never played that DS version but the whole alternate dimension thing kind of killed my interest. I loved the shared mythos and recurring characters in the main series.

Might be time to play through Suiko III again...

Definitely, if you want to know the DS version was vastly different from all the others. I actually found the main character (which you play) rather annoying and I played for hours but never finished it.

Finished all of them by the way but the first two are my favorites.

I'd like to do a video reply but I'm watching television so I'll just type it for now.

1. My NES. I've had it since I was a kid and it still works if I blow into it often enough.

2. My top loader NES. I bought it for $125 and I use it ALL THE TIME. It works great, no more blowing into the game.

3. Spider Maze. It's rare.

4. My complete boxed Super Mario 3. Though it's not the same one from when I was a kid, I saved up $82 to buy this game when I was less than 10 years old and holding it now brings back crazy memories.

5. Dr. Mario for NES. This is the game that I play the most, one of my favourites. I've played it for 5-6 hours straight.

• 2 years later...

Zombie Thread Bump!

1) My Colecovision

This was the first console my family had, technically bought for my older sister, but when she moved out I cleaned it up and got it working again. It still works to this day! I have all my childhood games for it too, and then some.

2) My NES

While I don't have the exact console I started with back on the Christmas of 1987, I still have R.O.B. and 99% of my games. It's still my #1 console to collect for, and I have a few "heavy hitter" games for it, including...

3) NES Mega Man Complete Set

I love the original six NES Mega Man games. I have all six, and 2 and 5 are CIB. I paid $19.99 each for 2 and 5 out of the bargain bin at BJ's Wholesale Club around 1997 when they were clearing out all their NES games. I miss those days!

4) My Vectrex

I've told the story on here before, but I'll tell it again: About 10 years ago, I went with some friends to a car junkyard (I'm a total gearhead) and while we were investigating a mid-1960's Rambler American sedan, my friend says, "whoa, what's this weird little TV doing back here?" and pulls out a freakin' Vectrex!!! I told him what it was, and how long I had been hunting for one, and he hands it to me and says it's all mine. I bring it to the counter up front and they told me to keep it, because it costs money for them to recycle TV's, and I'm saving them money. SCORE!!! Only thing wrong with it is that the metal topper for the joystick is missing. Other than that, it works great.

5) Chrono Trigger on the SNES

Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite game of all time. I have it for the PSone, the DS, and the SNES. I didn't get a copy of the original SNES cartridge until after I picked up the PSone and DS versions, but I did play through the game back around 1998 when a friend let me borrow it. At that time, I picked up the Nintendo Power strategy guide to help me get through the game, which I still have. I don't own the game CIB on the SNES, but having that strategy guide to go with it is pretty cool.

Honorable Mentions:

-My Galaga/Galaxian cocktail cabinet: It's a Galaga board inside a Galaxian cocktail cab. It's also sitting in my basement non-working. I really need to fix it; I think the power supply is gone.

-My Genesis collection: I have a lot of great games, including Gunstar Heroes CIB and Crusader of Centy. Love the Genesis and all things Sega!

-My modded Famicom: A recent addition to the collection, and I'm loving it so far.

-My Atari 2600 collection (of course, this is AtariAge, after all!) I have over 100 games, a Telegames 6 switch, and a 4-switch woodgrain model. I also have a cool Atari hardshell carrying case which just rules. Love collecting for the 2600; it's amazing that stuff that old still works!

Edited by Silverfleet
  • Like 2

Yay, necro thread! I posted in this a few years back, but I think I'd like to revise it a little. Shotgun approach again, pick five. :P

Odyssey: it's the first-ever game console, complete in box and with never-used game pieces. The value is mostly historical; it's amusing to mess with, but gets stale in a hurry.
ZX80: our British friends here will probably more familiar with this one, as it was one of the first home computers that was truly available in the U.K., being priced at under 100 pounds; as I understand it--please correct me if I'm mistaken--the U.K. home computer scene really started with this system. Mine is heavily yellowed and heavily modified by the previous owner (an American Sinclair fan, oddly--mods include a reset button, an inverse video switch, and an IC socket mounted to the back of the case and wired via a rat's nest of wires to the main board) and is now fitted with a ZX81 ROM, although it retains the blue ZX80 keyboard. (It's PAL, btw.)
JVC X'Eye: a fairly rare Sega Genesis/CD combo system. I paid about $25 for it--with correct matching power supply, RF adapter, and JVC controller--at Goodwill in maybe 2007 or 2008; I understand they are currently selling for substantially more.
Tano Dragon: the U.S. version of an obscure U.K. cousin of the increasingly obscure TRS-80 Color Computer, new in box.
Vectrex: this system is a Top 5 item by default; for anyone who owns a Vectrex, the discussion is really "Vectrex and Top 4 other items."
TRS-80 Model I: 16K Level II system, pretty standard for 1978-81. Historical machine and a lot of fun. For years I could only dream of owning one, but thanks to my mad connects, I got it for free. Computer, monitor, and I even found some matching Radio Shack tape drives. 16K is enough for most of the best games, but is limiting if you want to play stuff like Zaxxon.
Bally Arcade: I just love this system. It has a fairly small library of mostly '70s arcade fare, but its standout titles REALLY stand out. What's almost even more interesting to me about it is that with the BASIC cartridge, it becomes a weird little computer system. As a computer, it doesn't stack up to the likes of the Apple II or TRS-80 or Atari 800 (AstroBASIC games tended to be simple, monochromatic, and kind of rough), but at the same time AstroBASIC elevates the Bally to being more than a mere console, so the system kind of sits in its own weird niche. Just a hell of a lot of fun to dig into.
Fairchild dustcloth: I mentioned this in my old post; I still don't know of anyone else who has one. There's nothing special about it other than it has a Fairchild logo on it; it's just a plain blue antistatic dustcloth, but it's a nifty Channel F collectible.
Atari 2600 collection: the 2600 is the first retro system I wanted to acquire (I had NES and Genesis but those weren't "retro" yet); I've been collecting for almost 17 years now and the 2600 is still one of my biggest pride-and-joys. At least nine or ten console variations, somewhere around 600 games (including a lot of label variations; unique titles probably number closer to 400), and all types of different controllers, accessories, and add-ons. There's just so much weird stuff out there that came out for the 2600, collecting for it is a hobby unto itself.
Commodore SX64: the "luggable," all-in-one version of the Commodore 64. If I'm being honest, this one's really more of a collectible. It's cool and works great, but the keyboard is mushy, the video screen is tiny (though you can output to a proper monitor), and I don't think it has a datasette port (generally not a biggie, except some of the new floppy replacement devices use it for power). It's convenient, though, especially if I have other systems set up instead of the C64.
Princess Rescue: *the* Princess Rescue. I don't always buy homebrews, but when I do...Nintendo steps in with a C&D. Super Mario Bros. for the Atari was just too cool to pass up, and it's an amazing game in its own right. The fact that it's insanely collectible now is a bonus. (Sidebar: back when I was in junior high--in the late '90s--and was obsessed with the Atari 2600 but didn't really have any means of getting one, I actually had a dream where I was at Walmart with my parents and saw Super Mario Bros. for the Atari 2600 in the electronics department. Atari Corp. red box style, with the cover art from SMB3.)
Compaq Portable: Compaq's first-ever system and my go-to 286 (I don't really have any others anyway!). This one's special to me because I got it *super* cheap; it was *super* cheap because the seller couldn't get it up and running, which I did (the disk drives and hard disk were hooked up wrong). So I've spent a bit of time under the hood--and will have go back to replace the 5.25" drive--and also digging around on the hard drive, which still contains personal files of the family who owned it in the early-mid '90s. School reports, letters to family, etc. No, I haven't used them for malevolent purposes...or at all, for that matter; but they, and the considerable time I've spent tinkering around inside the machine, give me an oddly personal connection with this particular system. Parts of peoples' lives are still in there. Plus I love playing around with random old games disks and seeing what's on them, and I have a soft spot for old ASCII games.

Edited by BassGuitari

Nothing on my list will probably ever be considered important to anyone on here, but here's mine

1. The blue coax cable from our Sega Channel unit from the 90's. Nothing special about it except my brother and I hid it when the cable guy came to pick up the unit that plugged into our system when the service was finally ended. We were on it from the launch year (in our area, little after bigger markets) till the last day. Not sure why we wanted to keep a blue coax cable with Sega printed on it, but we did.

2. My friend's Nintendo Entertainment System that we used to play on when over at his place. Has a Super Mario Land sticker on it still that got put on it when the sticker was new. This was one of 2 or 3 Nintendo's that actually remember seeing back then. He gave it to me when he got an N64.

3. A copy of Mega Bomberman for the Sega Genesis I bought a couple of years ago. My brother and I played the hell out of it on the Sega Channel, Saw it at a game store out here, had a flashback, and decided that my stepson and I had to play it. Got the multitap to go with it.

4. Pitfall 2 for the Atari 2600. Must have played that game a million times, but it still amazes me how good it looks, how many colors are on screen, and how big the playfield is for a game on that system.

5. This one was the hardest one for me to decide on. I've got alot of things I could have put here, but the last spot goes to my Game Boy Micro. It was given to me, all I had to do was get a charger. Online reviews seem to slam the Micro for cramped controls and too small of a screen, but I haven't had a problem with it, and it comes to work with me every day. Whenever I know i'm going to have a few minutes of down time it keeps me occupied. Mostly i've been playing Galaga on it lately, and it sure as hell helps pass the time.

• Like 1

So apparently this Steve guy is just running around posting his phone number in every thread that mentions the item he has for sale, regardless of age. Dude, we have a market forum for that! Plus no one's gonna buy from a random newbie who just lists an item and a phone number. Market thread, pics, email+phone, proof of not-scammery- that's how you'll get some attention.

Anyhow, since I'm here: based purely on sentimental value, in no particular order:

Lunar Collection, but especially the PS1 games: I remember seeing an ad in a gaming magazine announcing that Lunar was going out-of-print at the end of the year, so buy it now. I'd never heard of it, but it looked amazing & I wanted it. I begged my mom to get it as a Christmas present, which she delivered- along with Eternal Blue for my birthday two weeks later. She then told me her story, of hours spent driving to EVERY BLOODY GAMESTORE in a 30 mile radius looking for this "damn game". Clerks actually laughed at her when she asked for it. Finally a guy at Gamestop actually checked the computer for her & found 1 store with 1 copy of each still available. I assume today it was somebody's unclaimed preorder, because they gave her the Ghaleon punching puppet when she picked them up. I was super excited about that. Today I have a complete copy of every US-released Lunar (but not every variant. I don't have THAT kind of money!)

My PS2: Nothing too special here, just the oldest system I own that wasn't bought secondhand. I'd been planning the purchase for a year, after seeing the money my sister got for graduation. I had to have the laser replaced at one point, but it's been going great since!

My CD-based games: After years of effort, my disc games are now all complete copies. Ok, well, not fully complete- I'm missing some swag & inserts here and there- but case & manual for every single one. That's about 10 systems worth, and includes my Sega CD. (I am NOT looking forward to how much it's gonna cost me to have a Saturn library.)

Lightening Force: Once again, nothing too special, just my favorite Genesis games & one of the few I have left from our original Genesis library, making it amongst my longest-owned games (we sold the NES stuff, so none of that is 'original'.)

The Guardian Legend: Man, I wish this was original, because it'd make a better story! We had this back when we first has the NES as kids, but couldn't beat stage 1. Then someone broke into our house and stole it- just that game, nothing else. Mom filed a report and assumed that'd be the end of it (how can the police track 1 game cart.) Six months later, we had it back- turned out one of my sister's classmates had stolen it. He gave it to a friend, heard my sister talking about it months later, was afraid he'd get caught, took it back & gave it to a different friend. That friend's mom knew something was up, called his parents, and he had to admit the truth. Only after the games was returned did we beat that first stage and learn just how different the game became. I fell in love with it. I will never be without a copy of that game for the rest of my life. (Ironincally, I'm terrible at it & I've never beaten it.)

• Like 2

#1: Battlesphere Gold (Jaguar)

#2: M.U.S.H.A. (Genesis) near mint CIB

#3: Adventure II #179/250 (one of the coolest homebrews ever made, awesomely fun game, great collectible)

#4: Steel Battalion CIB. This is the best example I have of keeping a console for a single game. A really unique game to have as well.

#5: Alien vs Predator full size poster for the Jaguar game. Got that sucker framed on my wall.

postermania007.jpg

• Like 1

1. CAT S.O.S. - ColecoVision homebrew, gold cartridge edition, only 7 made. Heck, I enjoy all the homebrews I own, it's not about rarity really but this is the rarest one I own.

NES - I still have my OG unit from childhood but its broke, although I use another frontloader. I also treasure my toploader that one of my best friends owned and remember playing as a kid, now I own it plus about 200 games.

My Vectrex - the most interesting/unique and coolest console I own by far.

Arcade Controllers for ColecoVision and Intellivision - thanks to Grips03 here for making these possible, it totally changed the game for me.

Flash Carts! - I own them for Atari 2600, ColecoVision, Vectrex, NES, N64.. Inty, SNES and Genesis are next. Greatest Invention ever.

5. This one was the hardest one for me to decide on. I've got alot of things I could have put here, but the last spot goes to my Game Boy Micro. It was given to me, all I had to do was get a charger. Online reviews seem to slam the Micro for cramped controls and too small of a screen, but I haven't had a problem with it, and it comes to work with me every day. Whenever I know i'm going to have a few minutes of down time it keeps me occupied. Mostly i've been playing Galaga on it lately, and it sure as hell helps pass the time.

So what's it like working on the helicarrier?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Fy6AUMv8E

• Like 1

No real particular order.

1. My copy of Keio's Flying Squadron for Sega CD. Bought this brand new back in the day and love this game, also can't believe the prices on it but still will never sell it.

2. My Vectrex. I went to a local electronics expo with my dad when I was probably 10 and they had a demo model on display there. I spent the whole time playing it. My dad owned an electronics store and was so impressed he signed up to become a dealer. I still have the system, original box, brand new in the box spare controller, & my dad's dealer info.

3. My Colecovision/Adam collection. I have a 128-in-1 flash cart and while I don't have many boxed games, I have manuals for most of my 115 games and I own boxes for my system, roller controller, Super Action Controllers, & 2600 adapter plus spares of all these (without boxes) and an unopened Coleco Perma Power. I have a few third party controllers but my favorite is my homemade NES to Coleco controller. I also have a boxed Adam computer with a bunch of accessories.

4. My SNES is a favorite console but mainly it's my originally bought complete copies of FF 2 & 3 that I love the most.

5. My Coin Control Competition Pro controller for my 5200. It was given to me with a boxed 5200 by a friend and it makes games more enjoyable along with my boxed roller controller and modded paddle controller.

Honorable mention goes to my modded GBA with backlight & A/V out adapter. I can't list it as an item I own cuz it was stolen at work. Really sucked bad and I've never gotten around replacing it.

As a side note, someday a NIB copy of Burgertime for Colecovision will replace one of these items when I get around to finding one & buying it.

1. My SEGA SG-1000: Needs a video mod to be able to play it on my TV, but at least I finally scored one -- and for a fairly "reasonable price" as well)

2. SEGA CDX w/ 32X add on: My BEAST and most played system in my collection!

3. Vectrex: Don't give it as much attention as I should, but I do love playing it when I do...

4. SEGA SG-1000 II: A/V modded for composite; probably my most "valued" item in my collection.

5. SEGA SC-3000 Personal Computer: Only item in my collection I own just to "have", but without a doubt the most 'valuable' in my collection. ...As long as I don't sell it. ;)

Honorable mentions:

"Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu" -- both the NES and TG16 vers. LOVE JC and these games!!!

My 27" Sony WEGA Trinitron -- what good is retro gaming if you don't have a good TV to play them on?!!! :-D

• Like 1

Yay, necro thread! I posted in this a few years back, but I think I'd like to revise it a little.

Me too!

1) Like-new condition Vectrex - Loose but super clean and barely used.

2) I, Cyborg - Vectrex homebrew now long out of print. I think the only exact item from my previous list also on this list. A game that really captured my imagination.

3) TG Enjoystick, 2600 joystick (x2) - This pair of unusual and rare joysticks is almost single handedly responsible for me finally being able to really appreciate the VCS. Love playing with these.

4) 3D Sector-X - really cool Vectrex homebrew, definitely the most valuable game in my collection, and acquired through an excellent and thrilling trade with a fellow Vectrex guy across the globe.

5) Like-new CIB DMG Game Boy - purchased locally from a mom out of a minivan in a Wal Mart parking lot (craigslist). She was probably about the same age as me and seemed to be disgusted by my juvenile interest in her item. The Game Boy was a left over gift from her grandmother's closet that was never given to her brother because he misbehaved!!!

.. It's awesome to see so many Vectrexes on people's lists.

4) My Vectrex

I've told the story on here before, but I'll tell it again: About 10 years ago, I went with some friends to a car junkyard (I'm a total gearhead) and while we were investigating a mid-1960's Rambler American sedan, my friend says, "whoa, what's this weird little TV doing back here?" and pulls out a freakin' Vectrex!!! I told him what it was, and how long I had been hunting for one, and he hands it to me and says it's all mine. I bring it to the counter up front and they told me to keep it, because it costs money for them to recycle TV's, and I'm saving them money. SCORE!!! Only thing wrong with it is that the metal topper for the joystick is missing. Other than that, it works great.

Incredible!