IGNORED

ColecoVision HSC Winter Knockout Tournament - Round 6 *Donkey Kong Junior*

Donkey Kong Junior

Donkey Kong Jr.png

The tables have turned, and now Mario has Papa Donkey Kong locked in a cage! Surrounded by jaw-snapping creatures, Donkey Kong Junior climbs and swings across vines to reach a special key. If he's successful, he advances to another screen and must pick up even more keys. He can earn extra points by plucking fruit to bonk his opponents. Sharpen your skills to master three great screens.

Game Information

Game Name: Donkey Kong Junior

Released by: Coleco, 1983

Original arcade game by: Nintendo, 1982

CV HSC High Score: None

TwinGalaxies High Score: 121,800 by Tom (Nov 2004)

Settings: Skill 3

This game was suggested by: Random Selection

Contest Starts/Ends

Commences: Sunday, 5 February 2012 at 1:00AM EST

Ends: Sunday, 12 February 2012 at 1:00AM EST

Tournament Rules

Anyone can jump in and play a Knockout round game if they like (this includes players who have been Knocked out of the tournament!). This is just for fun and to show off high scores though and will NOT to be counted in the contest.

You need not win, just not finish LAST! Let the battle begin...

Final Positions

1. skosh 130,100

2. jblenkle 95,800

3. cparsley 91,200

4. ed1475 64,200 - ELIMINATED

Non-Tournament Player Scores

chuckwalla 80,900

Player List

jblenkle

skosh

ed1475

cparsley

patbb (eliminated Round 5)

JacobZu7zu7 (eliminated Round 4)

roadrunner (eliminated Round 3)

ColecoDan (eliminated Round 2)

Ikrananka (eliminated Round 1)

This game should be interesting. I have never played it on anything higher than Level 1.

I'm trying to throw down the gaunlet by selecting higher skill levels - particularly as the tournament progresses and we get closer to a winner. Skill 3 was often mooted by Coleco as being equivalent to the difficulty level of the Arcade game - although that may not always be accurate.

Good luck to everyone.

I don't mind the higher skill levels...back when I originally played these games I rarely played at a higher skill level than Level 1...just a personal preference (plus I was a wimp and wanted the easiest game possible)...now after years and years of playing video games, none of these games seem as challenging as they used to so the higher skill levels are a welcome change.

This game should be interesting. I have never played it on anything higher than Level 1.

I'm trying to throw down the gaunlet by selecting higher skill levels - particularly as the tournament progresses and we get closer to a winner. Skill 3 was often mooted by Coleco as being equivalent to the difficulty level of the Arcade game - although that may not always be accurate.

Good luck to everyone.