IGNORED

Just received cart - can't write to SD card

mmayhem

I just received a new Harmony Cartridge but I'm unable to write to the SD card that was provided. I'm on OS X Snow Leopard, and it appears in Finder just fine, but apparently I don't have to permission to write to the SD card. Do you need to do something special on Mac to write to a Fat32 formatted SD card? I already checked the write protection tab on the card and tried in both up and down positions.

I don't think I can help, but I'll try. My Harmony did not come with an SD card. I just used one formatted by my Camera. I'm sure that it is FAT32, and my Mac can write to it just fine.

Select the mounted image and menu Get Info or (Command I)

At the bottom of the info window check for read/write permissions. You may have to click the lock and type your password to change permissions to your User, System, & Everyone.

I was trying to write to the card through the card reader built into my HP printer. That didn't work, but apparently if I put the SD card in my Nikon DSLR and connect the camera to the computer, I now have write permission. Weird.

That will work too.

I left the camera folders on the card and it works in the Harmony or the camera.